Is this tutorial good ?

santosh

johnnash said:
Coronado Enterprises Tutorials

Well they ask for an email address to get a ZIP file of the first three
chapters and the associated code. And the tutorial has to be bought for
$15. Not my cup of tea.

The first three chapters and the code look okay to me, but in my
opinion, it's not worth the price, given that many good free tutorials
are already available, links to two of which Richard has already given.
YMMV of course.

Andrey Tarasevich

johnnash said:

I haven't looked through the whole thing, but checking some "usual
suspects" often produced the "expected" results...

This tutorial, as many others, make an attempt to reinvent the
terminology and often gets lost in it. For example, instead of using the
standard notions of linkage and storage duration, they decided to follow
to more down-to-earth approach to describing object properties by
separating variables into 'global', 'external', 'static' classes and so
on. Then they suddenly define static variable as a particular kind of
_local_ variable

http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/subsection3_6_4.html#SECTION0006400000000000000

What about static variables declared at file scope? They don't seem to
have a place in any of their categories...