Is this tutorial good ?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by johnnash, Feb 25, 2008.

  1. johnnash

    johnnash Guest

    johnnash, Feb 25, 2008

  2. johnnash

    johnnash Guest

    What are your opinions about Coronado Enterprises Tutorials ??

    johnnash, Feb 25, 2008

  3. johnnash said:

    > http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/

    It looks better than most, although I did spot several inaccuracies as I
    glanced through it.

    The two I recommend are:

    <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/>

    and

    <http://cprog.tomsweb.net/cintro.html>

    Email: -http://www. +rjh@

    Richard Heathfield, Feb 25, 2008
  4. johnnash

    johnnash Guest

    On Feb 25, 11:11 pm, Richard Heathfield <> wrote:
    > johnnash said:
    >
    > >http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/

    > It looks better than most, although I did spot several inaccuracies as I
    > glanced through it.
    >
    > The two I recommend are:
    >
    > <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/>
    >
    > and
    >
    > <http://cprog.tomsweb.net/cintro.html>

    > Email: -http://www. +rjh@

    Thanks the first one seems to be good.

    johnnash, Feb 25, 2008
  5. johnnash

    santosh Guest

    johnnash wrote:

    > Coronado Enterprises Tutorials

    Well they ask for an email address to get a ZIP file of the first three
    chapters and the associated code. And the tutorial has to be bought for
    $15. Not my cup of tea.

    The first three chapters and the code look okay to me, but in my
    opinion, it's not worth the price, given that many good free tutorials
    are already available, links to two of which Richard has already given.
    YMMV of course.

    santosh, Feb 25, 2008
  6. johnnash wrote:
    > http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/
    >
    > seems elaborate to me.

    I haven't looked through the whole thing, but checking some "usual
    suspects" often produced the "expected" results...

    This tutorial, as many others, make an attempt to reinvent the
    terminology and often gets lost in it. For example, instead of using the
    standard notions of linkage and storage duration, they decided to follow
    to more down-to-earth approach to describing object properties by
    separating variables into 'global', 'external', 'static' classes and so
    on. Then they suddenly define static variable as a particular kind of
    _local_ variable

    http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/subsection3_6_4.html#SECTION0006400000000000000

    What about static variables declared at file scope? They don't seem to
    have a place in any of their categories...

    --
    Best regards,
    Andrey Tarasevich

    Andrey Tarasevich, Feb 25, 2008