Is usenet feed unstable?

Andrew Thompson

Usenet through my local server (.au) has been
very patchy the last couple of days, posts are
arriving in dribs and drabs and usually out of order.

(I blame the 'lympics.)

Is this a local phenomenon, or is it net-wide?

Murray

Andrew Thompson said:
Usenet through my local server (.au) has been
very patchy the last couple of days, posts are
arriving in dribs and drabs and usually out of order.

(I blame the 'lympics.)

Is this a local phenomenon, or is it net-wide?

I think it's the Teltra Bigpond newserver only. I have the same problem here
at work, but at home it's fine (Optusnet)

Ryan Stewart

Andrew Thompson said:
Usenet through my local server (.au) has been
very patchy the last couple of days, posts are
arriving in dribs and drabs and usually out of order.

(I blame the 'lympics.)

Is this a local phenomenon, or is it net-wide?
I haven't noticed a problem, though I don't share your continent.

Andrew Thompson

I think it's the Teltra Bigpond newserver only.

Aha! Thanks Murray, I will henceforth abuse them..

(How much is Optus? Telstra's bleeding me
60 a month for connection - mongrels.)

Murray

(How much is Optus? Telstra's bleeding me
60 a month for connection - mongrels.)

About the same :) For cable anyway. I'm paying $65 for 12GB. Oops sorry, I
meant Unlimited*.

If you want ADSL I'd probably go with Internode or iiNet.