Is varaible name case sensitive?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Hang, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Hang

    Hang Guest

    Hi all,

    I have wrote a ASP page:
    <%@ LANGUAGE="JSCRIPT" %>
    <%

    var pricelist = "a";

    Response.write(concat_str());

    %>

    <SCRIPT RUNAT=SERVER LANGUAGE="VBScript">
    function concat_str()
    priceList = priceList & "b"
    concat_str = priceList
    end function
    </Script>

    When I run this page on IIS4.0/NT, it returns "a"
    However, when I run this page on IIS5.0/Win2000, it
    returns "ab"!!

    Does anyone know why? Is there any documentation on
    Microsoft could help?

    Thank you.

    Hang

    Hang, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Hang

    Ray at Guest

    jscript yes, vbscript no.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Is one server set up for a default of JScript, and the other VBScript? (See
    the last paragraph: www.aspfaq.com/2045)

    JScript *is* case sensitive, but I'd be surprised if that's what's happening
    here.

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Jul 9, 2003
  4. Hang

    Hang Guest

    OK. But any clues why the page return differently under
    IIS4.0/NT and IIS5.0/Win2000?

    Thank you.

    Hang, Jul 10, 2003