Is Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition going to be free?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Curt_C [MVP], Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    I do believe it's intended to be free.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 24, 2004

  2. Curt_C [MVP]

    Sam Guest

    How to get it when it's free? Need to register?

    Sam, Aug 24, 2004

  3. I recall hearing it may be competitively priced, free would be
    good............

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft Regional Director
    Microsoft MVP

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Aug 24, 2004
  4. There is no official word, although I believe the comment "competively
    priced, free would be good" mentioned in one of the chats I attended. I
    would expect a price somewhere between free and $100, which is where the
    Visual [Language Name] .NET Standard products are currently priced. SQL 2005
    Express is likely to be free, from the postings in the open "beta" groups.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Aug 24, 2004
  5. Curt_C [MVP]

    WJ Guest

    Web Matrix is free. However, I hope the new VS2k5 Express will be
    affordable, in the range of say $50-$99.00. Guys like me can buy it anytime
    @this price.
    Hail to MS for doing this !

    John

    WJ, Aug 24, 2004
  6. I heard that it would be cheap, but not free.

    John Dalberg, Aug 25, 2004