Is wsdl is enough for soap?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Raghu Raman, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. Raghu Raman

    Raghu Raman Guest

    Hi,

    AIM:I WANT TO IMPLEMENT SOAP IN MY webservice & client.

    I did:

    I ve a simple web service that simply returns a dataset.After reading
    some books i created the .cs file for my webservice using the COMMAND
    LINE WSDL Utility.

    1.IS It enough just using the WSDL Utility **
    2.Or I must use disco ..

    This utility created the cs file nice.And i linked that .cs file in my
    project (using add existing item).It has certain auto generated(SOAP)
    code . I could get the functions i used in my web service.But if i pass
    the required parameters(Connection string ) to my function , i get the
    ERROR AS

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied.

    But i have not likned my webreference.Must i link my dll of the
    webservice.
    Please provide me a solution . since am with the wsdl Autogenerated soap
    code and worring how to use it in my client(c#.net)

    With Thnaks
    Raghu

    Raghu Raman, Sep 10, 2004