is xmlspy way ahead of everyone else

Discussion in 'XML' started by kevin bailey, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. kevin bailey

    kevin bailey Guest

    hi there,

    is xmlspy way ahead of everyone else?

    i work on a linux workstation and use vmware/windows 2000 to work with
    windows based clients.

    i have been able to carry out a couple of basic xml projects using emacs
    but we now have a project involving imported schemas.

    when checking out tools it looks to me like xmlspy are way ahead of the
    other tools.

    is this impression correct?

    are there any other tools which can be recommended.

    i know i can use xerces to validate schemas but emacs psgml mode is
    definitely struggling,

    kev bailey

    kevin bailey, Jun 24, 2003

  2. IMHO XML Spy is an excellent schema/XSLT development tool.
    It is not necessarily the best at validating schema's or document instances
    however (due ot bugs mostly).
    I develop schemas and initially test schemas (in text view mode) in XML spy
    but I always check in MSXML4 and Xerces.

    Colin Mackenzie, Jun 24, 2003

  3. kevin bailey

    gabriel Guest

    XMLSPY rocks... it's so user friendly and intuitive. :)

    /Gabriel

    gabriel, Jun 25, 2003
  4. kevin bailey

    arachno Guest

    Well, i found that Stylus Studio also no bad stuff to use for XML. XMLSPY
    and other tool have few small problems which sometimes really pissing me
    off. Especially it's related to tree management, when you have damn huge
    tree with hundreds of nodes and subnodes and attributes there full of data,
    it so hard to manipulate with nodes (like dragging) thought XMLSPY IDE....

    arachno, Jun 25, 2003
  5. kevin bailey

    Aslam Guest

    Check out Netbryx XML Products at www.netbryx.com , very easy to use.