is xmlspy way ahead of everyone else

kevin bailey

hi there,

is xmlspy way ahead of everyone else?

i work on a linux workstation and use vmware/windows 2000 to work with
windows based clients.

i have been able to carry out a couple of basic xml projects using emacs
but we now have a project involving imported schemas.

when checking out tools it looks to me like xmlspy are way ahead of the
other tools.

is this impression correct?

are there any other tools which can be recommended.

i know i can use xerces to validate schemas but emacs psgml mode is
definitely struggling,

kev bailey

Colin Mackenzie

IMHO XML Spy is an excellent schema/XSLT development tool.
It is not necessarily the best at validating schema's or document instances
however (due ot bugs mostly).
I develop schemas and initially test schemas (in text view mode) in XML spy
but I always check in MSXML4 and Xerces.

arachno

Well, i found that Stylus Studio also no bad stuff to use for XML. XMLSPY
and other tool have few small problems which sometimes really pissing me
off. Especially it's related to tree management, when you have damn huge
tree with hundreds of nodes and subnodes and attributes there full of data,
it so hard to manipulate with nodes (like dragging) thought XMLSPY IDE....