ISA server authentication failed error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by rk1, Feb 26, 2007.

  1. rk1

    rk1 Guest

    Hi friends
    i've .net component that i use in visual foxpro 9. this component
    connects to a web service and returns some data.
    when i ever i try to connect i get following error

    "The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication
    Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the
    request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. )."

    i know that since we have a proxy server in our network i need to pass
    my login credentials to get it thru.
    so i tried following
    Proxy = System.Net.WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy;
    sg.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;

    help file says that "DefaultNetworkCredentials" will return current
    login windows credentials but when i run with above code i get same
    error!. but if i try following it works fine

    System.Net.NetworkCredential credential = new
    System.Net.NetworkCredential(@"username", "password","ourdomain");
    Proxy.Credentials = credential;

    this user name and password same as current logged in user but why my
    first code does not work ?
    am i missing anything here ?

    rk1, Feb 26, 2007