ISAM file opening error

amit.atray

Hi,

I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.

I tried to check 111 error code ...

111 ENOREC
Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
in the specified position.

I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
record is not there.
But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

Thanks

santosh

Hi,

I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.

I tried to check 111 error code ...

111 ENOREC
Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
in the specified position.

I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
record is not there.
But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

This is not really a Standard C question. You need to ask in a group
more specific to the particular database system you're using.

Jens Thoms Toerring

I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.
I tried to check 111 error code ...
111 ENOREC
Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
in the specified position.
I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
record is not there.
But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

This not a question in any way related to C but about a certain
library (that may be written in C, but that doesn't make it a
C problem), probably a (of possibly many) library for dealing
with ISAM files. To get an answer to your question you will
have to find a group where discussions of ISAM libraries are
on-topic, probably some group dedicated to database program-
ming.
Regards, Jens

Kenny McCormack

This not a question in any way related to C but about a certain
library (that may be written in C, but that doesn't make it a
C problem), probably a (of possibly many) library for dealing
with ISAM files. To get an answer to your question you will
have to find a group where discussions of ISAM libraries are
on-topic, probably some group dedicated to database program-
ming.

IOW:

Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

Useful clc-related links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

user923005

Hi,

I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.

I tried to check 111 error code ...

111 ENOREC
Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
in the specified position.

I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
record is not there.
But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

You want (follow-up set).

Is the file empty?