    But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

    Thanks

    , Jul 5, 2007

  2. santosh Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
    > But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.
    >
    > I tried to check 111 error code ...
    >
    > 111 ENOREC
    > Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
    > in the specified position.
    >
    > I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
    > record is not there.
    > But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

    This is not really a Standard C question. You need to ask in a group
    more specific to the particular database system you're using.

    santosh, Jul 5, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
    > But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.

    > I tried to check 111 error code ...

    > 111 ENOREC
    > Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
    > in the specified position.

    > I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
    > record is not there.
    > But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

    This not a question in any way related to C but about a certain
    library (that may be written in C, but that doesn't make it a
    C problem), probably a (of possibly many) library for dealing
    with ISAM files. To get an answer to your question you will
    have to find a group where discussions of ISAM libraries are
    on-topic, probably some group dedicated to database program-
    ming.
    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___

    Jens Thoms Toerring, Jul 5, 2007
  4. In article <-berlin.de>,
    Jens Thoms Toerring <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
    >> But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.

    >> I tried to check 111 error code ...

    >> 111 ENOREC
    >> Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
    >> in the specified position.

    >> I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
    >> record is not there.
    >> But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

    >This not a question in any way related to C but about a certain
    >library (that may be written in C, but that doesn't make it a
    >C problem), probably a (of possibly many) library for dealing
    >with ISAM files. To get an answer to your question you will
    >have to find a group where discussions of ISAM libraries are
    >on-topic, probably some group dedicated to database program-
    >ming.

    IOW:

    Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Useful clc-related links:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

    Kenny McCormack, Jul 5, 2007
  5. user923005 Guest

    On Jul 5, 4:06 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to open an ISAM file with isopen call.
    > But I am getting error with iserror set to 111.
    >
    > I tried to check 111 error code ...
    >
    > 111 ENOREC
    > Action: No record could be found that contained the requested value
    > in the specified position.
    >
    > I think this error should error if we are trying to find a record and
    > record is not there.
    > But how can this error be possible while opening a file (ISAM)???

    You want news:comp.databases.informix (follow-up set).

    Is the file empty?

    user923005, Jul 5, 2007