    Does anyone know if in the next version of asp.net / C# (2.0)
    Would be possible to write an ISAPI Filter in C#?

    Thanx.
    Yet another C# coder, Oct 12, 2005

  2. AFAIK, no. But, you can get the same functionality as an ISAPI filter by
    using HttpModules and HttpHandlers, so I am not sure I see the need. What, in
    particular, are you aiming at doing with an ISAPI filter that you cannot do
    with built in .NET functionality?

    A few links:
    http://aspalliance.com/726 - shows how to embed resources to avoid handlers

    http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=1eceb66c-3bd0-4cdd-87d5-3fa0f4742032 - sample project with a handler

    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030522.htm - aimed at 1.1, but you can use
    this to get an idea of how a module is created

    http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/2473.aspx - note this gotcha if you drop
    the code in your project app_code folder

    http://weblogs.asp.net/ShankuN/archive/2004/08/16/215487.aspx - image
    generator handler example

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Oct 12, 2005

  3. Yet another C# coder

    Karl Seguin Guest

    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this is more a feature of IIS than .Net.
    There's talk about this for IIS 7.0, but everything's in early beta so it's
    hard to tell.

    You might want to check out:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/category/10432.aspx

    for some details though.

    karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Siva M, Oct 12, 2005
  5. Yet another C# coder

    Bruce Barker Guest

    native support of .net filters will be supported in IIS 7.0, which is still
    some time away, as it requires the next version of the O/S (no 2003
    support).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Oct 12, 2005