    default,100,74.html (or something similar)

    ?

    mark

    mark | r, Sep 30, 2003

  2. mark | r

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "mark | r" <> wrote:

    >anyone know how to use this component, am i right in thinking that it will
    >convert something like
    >
    >default.asp?pageid=100&cat=74 to
    >
    >default,100,74.html (or something similar)

    ISAPI = IIS Application Program Interface. It's a set of functions
    (and MFC classes) that allows you to build either a filter or an
    extension DLL that becomes part of IIS. I have no experience with
    ISAPI Filters, but I know that ASP is implemented this way. I have
    written ISAPI Extension dlls. These allow you to intercept a call
    like:

    mylib.dll?function&arg1=something&arg2=somethingelse

    and return the appropriate HTML stream. I coded a *large* extension
    DLL that implemented a complex system. This allowed many different
    values for "function" in the string above to be handled by different
    functions in the same DLL.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)