ISE Mapping problem

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Yaseen Zaidi, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Yaseen Zaidi

    Yaseen Zaidi Guest

    Hello there,

    I've got a hard-wired asyncrhonous reset coming into GCK on a Spartan
    XC2S200 device. The reset is used within three different processes in
    VHDL code. However, beyond Synthesis and Translation, ISE errors
    during Mapping. Apparently it is trying to control the packing of
    flip-flops or latches within an I/O cell. Normally, the Mapper packs
    devices within an I/O cell only if such packing is specified by the
    design entry method. However, I don't do this intentially. I can't
    move the reset to a general I/O as it is fixed in hardware. My
    experience has not been good with GCK's as I/Os beside clock use. I
    can't change the LOC constraint in the UCF to a different physical
    location as this is the only reset available. How can I get rid of
    this error w/o modifying the code? Tnx,

    YZ

    -- MAPPING ERROR

    ERROR:pack:1107 - Unable to combine the following symbols into a
    single IOB component: PAD symbol "Rx_Reset" (Pad Signal = Rx_Reset)
    BUF symbol "Rx_Reset_IBUF" (Output Signal =
    Rx_Reset_IBUF)

    Each of the following constraints specifies an illegal physical site
    for a component of type
    IOB: Symbol "Rx_Reset" (LOC=P77)
    Please correct the constraints accordingly.

    Yaseen Zaidi, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Yaseen Zaidi

    Antti Lukats Guest

    "Yaseen Zaidi" <> wrote in message
    > Hello there,
    >
    > I've got a hard-wired asyncrhonous reset coming into GCK on a Spartan
    > XC2S200 device. The reset is used within three different processes in

    I you must instantiate a IBUFG on the reset signal in your hdl code in order
    to use GCK as non clock signal. Xilinx Spartan3 Starterkit (designed by
    Digilent) has this kind of problem that reset is connected to global clock.
    Instantiating IBUFG fixes the mapper problem for it.

    Antti

    Antti Lukats, Oct 25, 2004