    Mark McDougall, Engineer
    21-25 King St, Rockdale, 2216
    Ph: +612-9599-3255 Fax: +612-9599-3266
    Mark McDougall, Nov 21, 2008

  2. Mark McDougall wrote:

    > Just wondering if anyone else here does cross-vendor work and finds ISE
    > similarly frustrating to work with???

    Yes.
    It is annoying to have to defile my code for ise.
    Just submit the bug report.
    They'll get it sorted out eventually.

    Or better yet, they might take the easy way out
    and switch to a verific front end like brand A.
    and many others.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Nov 21, 2008

  3. Mark McDougall

    Guest

    On 21 נובמבר, 02:53, Mike Treseler <> wrote:
    > Mark McDougall wrote:
    > > Just wondering if anyone else here does cross-vendor work and finds ISE
    > > similarly frustrating to work with???

    > Yes.
    > It is annoying to have to defile my code for ise.
    > Just submit the bug report.
    > They'll get it sorted out eventually.
    >
    > Or better yet, they might take the easy way out
    > and switch to a verific front end like brand A.
    > and many others.
    >
    > -- Mike Treseler

    You may want to see xilinx ise script examples at:
    h--p://bknpk.no-ip.biz/leon_i2c_syn/leon_i2c_syn.html
    h--p://bknpk.no-ip.biz/usb_8051_verilog_syn/usb_1_syn_intro.html
    , Nov 21, 2008
  4. Eric Smith wrote:

    > The front page of the Verific web site shows that Xilinx
    > is already one of their customers, using it for ISIM!

    That is good news.
    I hope the isim group will
    have a talk with the synthesis group.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Nov 21, 2008
  5. Mike Treseler <> wrote in news:49272382.4010202
    @gmail.com:

    > Eric Smith wrote:
    >
    >> The front page of the Verific web site shows that Xilinx
    >> is already one of their customers, using it for ISIM!

    > That is good news.
    > I hope the isim group will
    > have a talk with the synthesis group.
    >
    > -- Mike Treseler

    Verific claim compliance with IEEE 1076-1993

    Someone should email a copy of VHDL-2008 to Verific. Or perhaps VHDL-
    2006. Or maybe even VHDL-2001.

    I really hope this is just out of date information on their web site.

    One of the advantages of a monoculture is that the implementation of the
    language(s) will be consistent across all the tools.
    One of the disadvantages is that the one company wields a lot of power in
    terms of the direction of the language(s), more even than the standards
    bodies.

    Regards,
    Allan
    Allan Herriman, Nov 22, 2008