ISMM 2009 Call for Participation

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by hillelkolodner@gmail.com, May 6, 2009.

  1. Guest

    CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

    ACM SIGPLAN 2009
    International Symposium on Memory Management
    June 19-20, 2009, Dublin, Ireland

    Co-located events
    PLDI, LCTES, PLAS

    http://sysrun.haifa.il.ibm.com/hrl/ISMM2009

    | ON-LINE REGISTRATION IS NOW
    OPEN |
    | https://regmaster3.com/conf/PLDI09/register.php
    |

    | !!!! REGISTER
    NOW !!!! |

    | Deadline for early registration: May 20,
    2009 |

    | HOTEL RESERVATION INFORMATION
    AVAILABLE |
    | http://www-plan.cs.colorado.edu/~pldi09/accommodations.html
    |

    | Thanks to the generosity of our corporate
    supporters, |
    | IBM Research, Microsoft and SUN
    Microsystems, |
    | ISMM is able to offer heavily discounted registration fees for
    students |

    ISMM is the premier forum for research in management of dynamically
    allocated
    memory. ISMM 2009 is colocated with PLDI'09, Programming Language
    Design and
    Implementation in Dublin, Ireland.

    This year's ISMM features:
    - Keynote speaker
    - 15 presentations
    - Wild and Crazy Ideas Session
    Complete details will be posted on the ISMM 09 web site when
    available.

    Wild and Crazy Ideas
    Following the success of this session in previous meetings, we will
    again
    hold this fun and informal forum for discussion of interesting ideas
    in the
    area of memory management. Presenters are given just 4 minutes in
    which to
    present their idea and 1 minute to take questions. Prizes are
    awarded for
    the idea most crazy and the one most worthy of implementation!
    Please
    contribute your wild and crazy ideas. Contact the WACI chair, Tony
    Hosking
    <>, before the event.

    PROGRAM

    Session 1:

    - Modeling, Analysis and Throughput Optimization of a Generational
    Garbage Collector, David Vengerov
    - A New Approach to Parallelising Tracing Algorithms, Cosmin E.
    Oancea,
    Alan Mycroft, and Stephen Watt
    - Scalable Support for Multithreaded Applications on Dynamic Binary
    Instrumentation Systems, Kim Hazelwood, Greg Lueck, and Robert Cohn

    Session 2:

    - Garbage Collection in the Next C++ Standard, Hans-J. Boehm and Mike
    Spertus
    - Precise Garbage Collection for C, Jon Rafkind, Adam Wick, Matthew
    Flatt, and John Regehr
    - Self-Recovery in Server Programs, Vijay Nagarajan, Dennis Jeffrey
    and Rajiv Gupta

    Session 3:

    - Investigating the Effects of Using Different Nursery Sizing
    Policies
    on Performance, Xiaohua Guan, Witawas Srisa-an, and ChengHuan Jia
    - Placement Optimization Using Data Context Collected During Garbage
    Collection, Mauricio Serrano and Xiaotong Zhuang
    - Efficient Alias Set Analysis Using SSA Form, Nomair Naeem and
    Ondrej Lhotak

    Session 4:

    - Identification of Logically Related Heap Regions, Mark Marron,
    Deepak Kapur, and Manuel Hermenegildo
    - A Qualitative Model of Spatial Locality, Ian Christopher, Tongxin
    Bai,
    Xiaoming Gu, Chengliang Zhang, and Chen Ding
    - Fast Allocation Speed, Low Memory Fragmentation, and High Spatial
    Locality: Pick Two, Alin Jula and Lawrence Rauchwerger

    Session 5:

    - Dynamic Shape Analysis via Degree Metrics, Maria Jump and
    Kathryn McKinley
    - Live Heap Space Analysis for Languages with Garbage Collection,
    Elvira Albert, Samir Genaim, and Miguel Gómez-Zamalloa
    - Parametric Heap Usage Analysis for Functional Programs,
    Leena Unnikrishnan and Scott Stoller

    ORGANIZERS

    General Chair: Program Chair:
    Hillel Kolodner Guy L. Steele Jr.

    Steering Committee: Program Committee:

    David F. Bacon, IBM Research Angela Demke Brown, U. Toronto
    Steve Blackburn, ANU Dino Distefano, Queen Mary, U.
    London
    Amer Diwan, U. Colorado Dan Grossman, U. Washington
    Richard Jones, U. Kent Ranjit Jhala, UC San Diego
    Hillel Kolodner, IBM Haifa Research Pramod Joisha, HP Labs
    Greg Morrisett, Harvard Matthias Meyer, U. Stuttgart
    Eliot Moss, U. Massachusetts Martin Rinard, MIT
    Erez Petrank, Technion Xipeng Shen, William and Mary
    College
    Mooly Sagiv, Tel-Aviv U. Fridtjof Siebert, Aicas GmbH
    Guy L. Steele Jr., Sun Microsystems Bjarne Steensgaard, Microsoft
    Research
    Kenjiro Taura, U. Tokyo
    Martin Vechev, IBM Research

    , May 6, 2009