isNaN function jscript

Guest

I am new to jscript..
I am trying to validate if a textbox on my ASP.NET page has numeric value..
The code I am using is

function IsValidAmount()
{
var intTotalAmt = document.Form1.txtTotalAmt.value;
If (isNaN(intAmt1)== false)
{//do something}
}

I am getting a Object Expected error at the If Condition. can someone guide
me on the same...
Also Is it is OK using the isNaN function for Numeic validation as I have
seen people writing there own custom IsNumeric Function for the purpose.

cheers,
siaj

Riki

siaj said:
I am new to jscript..
I am trying to validate if a textbox on my ASP.NET page has numeric value..
The code I am using is

function IsValidAmount()
{
var intTotalAmt = document.Form1.txtTotalAmt.value;
If (isNaN(intAmt1)== false)
{//do something}
}

I am getting a Object Expected error at the If Condition. can someone guide
me on the same...
Also Is it is OK using the isNaN function for Numeic validation as I have
seen people writing there own custom IsNumeric Function for the purpose.

cheers,
siaj

if should be written in lower case.

Riki

Guest

Tanks Riki..
I m just kicking mself...

BTW am I right using isNaN for IsNumeric requirement..

cheers,
siaj

recoil

was the problem solved?
If not you should probably check your document.Form1.controlname and
make sure that everything is kosher there.
you should also probably try document.forms[0].controlname as I believe
this is more cross-browser friendly.