    If you want more information, contact me

    Tks for your help

    Franck

    Franck DARRAS, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Franck DARRAS

    Els Guest

    Re: Différence when load a html page be tween Mozilla and IE

    Franck DARRAS wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I developp a web application and i have a problem with old
    > PC and old processor.
    >
    > When I load a html page on IE, i obtain a blank page, it's
    > the time for the IE navigator to load this page (reload all
    > contents of the page). But in mozilla or opera, I don't
    > have this problem, just reload the new value.
    >
    > Do you know a solution, some parameters "meta" to
    > configure.
    >
    > If you want more information, contact me

    No, you just stay in the group to hear the answers.
    First answer is a question: can you give a url?

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Diff=E9rence_when_load_a_html_page_?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?be_tween_Mozilla_and_IE?=

    Els wrote:

    > Franck DARRAS wrote:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I developp a web application and i have a problem with old
    >>PC and old processor.
    >>
    >>When I load a html page on IE, i obtain a blank page, it's
    >>the time for the IE navigator to load this page (reload all
    >>contents of the page). But in mozilla or opera, I don't
    >>have this problem, just reload the new value.
    >>
    >>Do you know a solution, some parameters "meta" to
    >>configure.
    >>
    >>If you want more information, contact me

    > No, you just stay in the group to hear the answers.
    > First answer is a question: can you give a url?

    This site is an exemple, it's not my web site

    http://www.adcom.fr/expertise/pourquoi.htm

    if, you navigate in the left menu, in IE, the entire page is reload, in
    mozilla, the menu, the banner, for the users isn't reload.

    Franck

    Franck DARRAS, Aug 23, 2004
  4. Franck DARRAS

    PeterMcC Guest

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Re:_Diff=E9rence_when_load_a_html_page_between_Mozilla_a?==?Windows-1252?Q?nd_IE?=

    Franck DARRAS wrote in
    <cgcios$tlh$>

    > Hello,
    >
    > I developp a web application and i have a problem with old PC and old
    > processor.
    >
    > When I load a html page on IE, i obtain a blank page, it's the time
    > for the IE navigator to load this page (reload all contents of the
    > page). But in mozilla or opera, I don't have this problem, just
    > reload the new value.
    >
    > Do you know a solution, some parameters "meta" to configure.

    I'm picking my way through a bit of a fog here but do you mean that IE
    always gets the data from the server whilst Mozilla or Opera read it from
    the local cache?

    If that's the problem, the solution is:

    IE > Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet files > Settings. Select
    either "Automatic" or "Never", In the short term. "never" should mean that
    the browser always gets the page from the local cache though you might want
    to go to "Automatic" for general browsing.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Franck DARRAS

    rf Guest

    Franck DARRAS wrote:
    > Els wrote:
    >
    > > Franck DARRAS wrote:
    > >

    > >>Hello,
    > >>
    > >>I developp a web application and i have a problem with old
    > >>PC and old processor.

    > > First answer is a question: can you give a url?
    > >

    > This site is an exemple, it's not my web site
    >
    > http://www.adcom.fr/expertise/pourquoi.htm

    The second answer is another question: Does it really matter?

    If yes then you may have to adjust your settings.

    If that does not work then just accept that different browsers render
    content in different ways.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Aug 23, 2004
  6. Franck DARRAS

    Franck DARRAS wrote:

    > http://www.adcom.fr/expertise/pourquoi.htm
    >
    > if, you navigate in the left menu, in IE, the entire page
    > is reload, in mozilla, the menu, the banner, for the users
    > isn't reload.

    I can see all of it in both IE and Firefird.
    I think maybe you are talking about what Peter McC said in his
    post.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Aug 23, 2004
  7. Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Diff=E9rence_when_load_a_html_page_?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?_be_tween_Mozilla_and_IE?=

    Els wrote:
    > Franck DARRAS wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.adcom.fr/expertise/pourquoi.htm
    >>
    >>if, you navigate in the left menu, in IE, the entire page
    >>is reload, in mozilla, the menu, the banner, for the users
    >>isn't reload.

    > I can see all of it in both IE and Firefird.
    > I think maybe you are talking about what Peter McC said in his
    > post.

    It's not only a probelm of cache in the navigator.

    It's also a problem when the navigator load a HTML page, In Mozilla, the
    page is display to the user when Mozilla finish to load the web page.
    Mozilla change only the differences between the two pages

    IE display to the user the evolution of the HTML page. IE reload all of
    the pages.

    Franck

    Franck DARRAS, Aug 23, 2004
  8. Franck DARRAS

    Franck DARRAS wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >> Franck DARRAS wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.adcom.fr/expertise/pourquoi.htm
    >>>
    >>>if, you navigate in the left menu, in IE, the entire page
    >>>is reload, in mozilla, the menu, the banner, for the users
    >>>isn't reload.

    >> I can see all of it in both IE and Firefird.
    >> I think maybe you are talking about what Peter McC said in
    >> his post.

    > It's not only a probelm of cache in the navigator.
    >
    > It's also a problem when the navigator load a HTML page, In
    > Mozilla, the page is display to the user when Mozilla
    > finish to load the web page. Mozilla change only the
    > differences between the two pages
    >
    > IE display to the user the evolution of the HTML page. IE
    > reload all of the pages.

    Not my IE...

    But what is the problem: you don't want it to reload, or you
    do? In other words, which behaviour do you prefer, Mozilla, or
    IE?

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Aug 23, 2004
  9. Franck DARRAS

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Els wrote:

    > Firefird.

    Is that what they're calling it this week? :D

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Aug 23, 2004
  10. Franck DARRAS

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >
    >> Firefird.

    > Is that what they're calling it this week? :D

    LOL, no, typo is the word :)

    Happens when you're surfing with Firefox and Firebird at the
    same time and you change your mind at the last minute ;-)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Aug 23, 2004
  11. Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Diff=E9rence_when_load_a_html_page_?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?__be_tween_Mozilla_and_IE?=

    Els wrote:

    > Franck DARRAS wrote:

    >>>I can see all of it in both IE and Firefird.
    >>>I think maybe you are talking about what Peter McC said in
    >>>his post.

    >>It's not only a probelm of cache in the navigator.
    >>
    >>It's also a problem when the navigator load a HTML page, In
    >>Mozilla, the page is display to the user when Mozilla
    >>finish to load the web page. Mozilla change only the
    >>differences between the two pages
    >>
    >>IE display to the user the evolution of the HTML page. IE
    >>reload all of the pages.

    > Not my IE...
    >
    > But what is the problem: you don't want it to reload, or you
    > do? In other words, which behaviour do you prefer, Mozilla, or
    > IE?

    I prefer the behaviour of Mozilla but 90% of navigator is IE5 and IE6

    In a form, when the users validate an information to see the more
    details of this information, i reload the same page and I add some text.
    With IE, the users see a blank page and the re-generated page. With
    Mozilla, only label and field are chnaged for the users.

    If the users work all day in this form, it's 1/2 second lost, and
    flashes in the eyes

    Franck

    Franck DARRAS, Aug 23, 2004
  12. Franck DARRAS

    rf Guest

    Re: Différence when load a html page be tween Mozilla and IE

    Franck DARRAS wrote:

    [IE's rendering]

    > In a form, when the users validate an information to see the more
    > details of this information, i reload the same page and I add some text.
    > With IE, the users see a blank page and the re-generated page. With
    > Mozilla, only label and field are chnaged for the users.
    >
    > If the users work all day in this form, it's 1/2 second lost, and
    > flashes in the eyes

    As I have implied elsewhere: so what?

    IE users are used to seeing this. IE clears the canvas before it renders a
    new page. Mozilla does not. The 1/2 second is still there, you just don't
    see it.

    However the only example you have provided is, by your admission, not your
    web page. To see any real example of your problem, one that we may be able
    to help you fix, you must provide a URL to *your* page, not somebody else's.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Aug 23, 2004
  13. Franck DARRAS

    Jim Higson Guest

    Re: =?UTF-8?B?RGlmZsOpcmVuY2U=?= when load a html page be tween Mozilla and IE

    > I prefer the behaviour of Mozilla but 90% of navigator is IE5 and IE6

    C'est la vie!

    Most sites I make look better in Moz than IE. But most visitors use IE and
    there's not much I can do about it.

    IE is just not very good in this respect, and no combination of HTML can
    make it display like the Mozilla renderer.

    For the moment I just try to send better content to better browsers and
    support IE as far as it will go.

    > In a form, when the users validate an information to see the more
    > details of this information, i reload the same page and I add some text.
    > With IE, the users see a blank page and the re-generated page. With
    > Mozilla, only label and field are chnaged for the users.
    >
    > If the users work all day in this form, it's 1/2 second lost, and
    > flashes in the eyes

    This might be helped somewhat by setting a background color for the body, at
    least then the flashes might be some other colour.

    Jim Higson, Aug 23, 2004