ISO "advanced" info on benchmarking in Perl

kj

I have found a lot of stuff on benchmarking Perl, but it rarely
goes beyond the very basics; i.e. description of Benchmark.pm and
maybe a word or two on making sure that the things being compared
don't incur in too much extraneous overhead, and that whatever
overhead they require should be as similar as possible in the cases
being compared.

Does anyone know of a discussion of benchmarking in Perl that goes
beyond these basic topics? I am particularly interested in something
that points out common benchmarking pitfalls.

Thanks!

kj