ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer

Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, Im a beginner at C, i just need some help getting something sorted where i can display information. I can add more to it for what i want to do, i just wanted to know why the error "ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer" comes for all the lines of "if ( fuel == "Petrol" ) {". Thanks for the help.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

void Petrol();
void Oil();
void Coal();
void Wood();
void Electricity();
void Naturalgas();

int main(void)

{
int fuel;

printf("Please input your fuel or activity: ");
scanf ( "%g", &fuel );

if ( fuel == "Petrol" ) {
printf("you are using petrol\n");
}