ISO C jpeg/png/etc lib

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Giannis Papadopoulos, Jul 7, 2005.

  1. Is there any good ISO C lib for reading/writing image files? I am
    especially interested in rw jpeg and png.

    Giannis Papadopoulos, Jul 7, 2005

  2. > Is there any good ISO C lib for reading/writing image files? I am especially
    > interested in rw jpeg and png.

    Trivial:
    there is libjpeg (from the independent JPEG group) -> http://www.ijg.org/
    and there's libpng (also from the PNG authors). -> http://www.libpng.org/

    These are *the* reference libraries for JPEG and PNG/MNG/JNG, I guess.

    You can also try looking for a wrapper library for different file
    formats.

    best regards,
    Stephan Beyer

    --
    Stephan Beyer, PGP 0xFCC5040F, IRC sbeyer (seebyr, bseyer)

    Stephan Beyer, Jul 7, 2005