ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995 amendment and C++03

Discussion in 'C++' started by Ioannis Vranos, Feb 4, 2008.

  1. Does C++03 include the C programming language ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995
    amendment?
    Ioannis Vranos, Feb 4, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Ioannis Vranos wrote:
    > Does C++03 include the C programming language ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995
    > amendment?


    Yes, it does. You still haven't got yourself a copy, have you?

    V
    --
    Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
    I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask
    Victor Bazarov, Feb 4, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "Ioannis Vranos" <> wrote in message
    news:fo87rf$2qln$...

    > Does C++03 include the C programming language ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995
    > amendment?


    Yes, in the sense that the library described in that amendment is considered
    part of the library that C++ inherits from C.
    Andrew Koenig, Feb 5, 2008
    #3
  4. Ioannis Vranos

    red floyd Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > Ioannis Vranos wrote:
    >> Does C++03 include the C programming language ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995
    >> amendment?

    >
    > Yes, it does. You still haven't got yourself a copy, have you?
    >


    Victor, it's damned near impossible to find the 1990/1995 version of the
    standard. Searching on both ANSI and ISO's sites only gives the 1999
    version. The dead tree version from BSI (Wiley Press) is also the 1999
    version.
    red floyd, Feb 5, 2008
    #4
  5. red floyd wrote:
    > Victor Bazarov wrote:
    >> Ioannis Vranos wrote:
    >>> Does C++03 include the C programming language ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995
    >>> amendment?

    >>
    >> Yes, it does. You still haven't got yourself a copy, have you?
    >>

    >
    > Victor, it's damned near impossible to find the 1990/1995 version of
    > the standard. Searching on both ANSI and ISO's sites only gives the
    > 1999 version. The dead tree version from BSI (Wiley Press) is also
    > the 1999 version.


    I wasn't talking about C95. I was talking about C++03. Besides, how
    would C95 document tell you that C++03 includes it?

    V
    --
    Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
    I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask
    Victor Bazarov, Feb 5, 2008
    #5
  6. Ioannis Vranos

    red floyd Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > red floyd wrote:
    >> Victor Bazarov wrote:
    >>> Ioannis Vranos wrote:
    >>>> Does C++03 include the C programming language ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995
    >>>> amendment?
    >>> Yes, it does. You still haven't got yourself a copy, have you?
    >>>

    >> Victor, it's damned near impossible to find the 1990/1995 version of
    >> the standard. Searching on both ANSI and ISO's sites only gives the
    >> 1999 version. The dead tree version from BSI (Wiley Press) is also
    >> the 1999 version.

    >
    > I wasn't talking about C95. I was talking about C++03. Besides, how
    > would C95 document tell you that C++03 includes it?


    I think you misunderstood me -- no problem, I may have inadvertently
    switched topic --

    I was trying to get the C90 or C95 Standard for the library reference.
    red floyd, Feb 6, 2008
    #6
  7. red floyd wrote:
    > [..]
    > I was trying to get the C90 or C95 Standard for the library reference.


    Ah... Well, I don't know what to tell you. Contact a live person at
    ANSI and see if you could purchase an outdated version of a standard
    from them. Nobody else would have a legitimate copy to sell you. If
    you can find a draft version somewhere, it might be as good as getting
    a real thing. Ask in comp.std.c.

    V
    --
    Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
    I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask
    Victor Bazarov, Feb 6, 2008
    #7
  8. Ioannis Vranos

    Greg Comeau Guest

    In article <fock7u$psk$>,
    Victor Bazarov <> wrote:
    >red floyd wrote:
    >> [..]
    >> I was trying to get the C90 or C95 Standard for the library reference.

    >
    >Ah... Well, I don't know what to tell you. Contact a live person at
    >ANSI and see if you could purchase an outdated version of a standard
    >from them. Nobody else would have a legitimate copy to sell you. If
    >you can find a draft version somewhere, it might be as good as getting
    >a real thing. Ask in comp.std.c.


    http://www.comeaucomputing.com/iso has some info, although
    it now leads one to call them up for pricing.
    --
    Greg Comeau / 4.3.9 with C++0xisms now in beta!
    Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==> http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout
    World Class Compilers: Breathtaking C++, Amazing C99, Fabulous C90.
    Comeau C/C++ with Dinkumware's Libraries... Have you tried it?
    Greg Comeau, Feb 6, 2008
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Alexei Polkhanov
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    2,459
  2. ISO/IEC TR 24731 and Linux

    , Nov 7, 2006, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    528
  3. jaysome

    Has ANSI Approved ISO/IEC 9899:1999?

    jaysome, Oct 23, 2007, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    50
    Views:
    1,242
    Larry__Weiss
    Oct 30, 2007
  4. Ioannis Vranos

    Buying ISO/IEC 9899:1995

    Ioannis Vranos, Nov 12, 2008, in forum: C++
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    315
    Ioannis Vranos
    Nov 12, 2008
  5. Ioannis Vranos

    Buying ISO/IEC 9899:1995

    Ioannis Vranos, Nov 12, 2008, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    673
    Flash Gordon
    Nov 14, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page