ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995 amendment and C++03

Ioannis Vranos

Does C++03 include the C programming language ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995
amendment?

Victor Bazarov

Ioannis said:
Does C++03 include the C programming language ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995
amendment?

Yes, it does. You still haven't got yourself a copy, have you?

Andrew Koenig

Does C++03 include the C programming language ISO/IEC 9899/AMD1:1995
amendment?

Yes, in the sense that the library described in that amendment is considered
part of the library that C++ inherits from C.

red floyd

Victor said:
Yes, it does. You still haven't got yourself a copy, have you?

Victor, it's damned near impossible to find the 1990/1995 version of the
standard. Searching on both ANSI and ISO's sites only gives the 1999
version. The dead tree version from BSI (Wiley Press) is also the 1999
version.

Victor Bazarov

red said:
Victor, it's damned near impossible to find the 1990/1995 version of
the standard. Searching on both ANSI and ISO's sites only gives the
1999 version. The dead tree version from BSI (Wiley Press) is also
the 1999 version.

I wasn't talking about C95. I was talking about C++03. Besides, how
would C95 document tell you that C++03 includes it?

red floyd

Victor said:
I wasn't talking about C95. I was talking about C++03. Besides, how
would C95 document tell you that C++03 includes it?

I think you misunderstood me -- no problem, I may have inadvertently
switched topic --

I was trying to get the C90 or C95 Standard for the library reference.

Victor Bazarov

red said:
[..]
I was trying to get the C90 or C95 Standard for the library reference.

Ah... Well, I don't know what to tell you. Contact a live person at
ANSI and see if you could purchase an outdated version of a standard
from them. Nobody else would have a legitimate copy to sell you. If
you can find a draft version somewhere, it might be as good as getting
a real thing. Ask in comp.std.c.

Greg Comeau

red said:
[..]
I was trying to get the C90 or C95 Standard for the library reference.

Ah... Well, I don't know what to tell you. Contact a live person at
ANSI and see if you could purchase an outdated version of a standard
from them. Nobody else would have a legitimate copy to sell you. If
you can find a draft version somewhere, it might be as good as getting
a real thing. Ask in comp.std.c.

http://www.comeaucomputing.com/iso has some info, although
it now leads one to call them up for pricing.