ISO module for selectable/scrollable text lists

J Krugman

There are many tasks that involve inspecting a table of records,
selecting some records, and doing something to the selected records.

With a text interface, this is typically done by displaying records
one screenful at a time, using reverse video (or some other technique)
to indicate the "current record"; using Up, Down, Page-Up, Page-Down
keys to move the location of the "current record" indicator; and
using certain keys to select/deselect records and to perform
pre-determined actions on either the current record or the set of
selected records.

I'm looking for a CPAN Perl module that'd facilitate the coding of
such a text-based interface on a Linux system, but I have no idea
of what keywords to search for. Does anybody know of a module like
this?

Thanks!

jill