    efficiently computes the n-th Fibonacci number).

    Any pointers would be much appreciated.

    kj

    kj, Apr 1, 2007

  2. kj

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "kj" <> wrote in message
    news:euojdp$mmt$...

    | I'm looking for a collection of useful programming projects, at
    | the "hobbyist" level.
    |
    | My online search did turn up a few collections (isolated projects
    | are less useful to me at the moment), but these projects are either
    | more difficult than what I'm looking for (e.g. code a C compiler)
    | or not terribly useful to the average person (e.g. a function that
    | efficiently computes the n-th Fibonacci number).
    |
    | Any pointers would be much appreciated.

    There have been similar questions (with responses) on this newsgroup. Have
    you searched those?

    Terry Reedy, Apr 1, 2007

  3. > I'm looking for a collection of useful programming projects, at

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/CodingProjectIdeas

    Daniel Nogradi, Apr 1, 2007
  4. kj <> writes:

    > I'm looking for a collection of useful programming projects, at
    > the "hobbyist" level.
    >
    > My online search did turn up a few collections (isolated projects
    > are less useful to me at the moment), but these projects are either
    > more difficult than what I'm looking for (e.g. code a C compiler)
    > or not terribly useful to the average person (e.g. a function that
    > efficiently computes the n-th Fibonacci number).
    >
    > Any pointers would be much appreciated.

    Sourceforge.net and Savannah both have "help wanted" pages for open
    source projects:

    <https://sourceforge.net/people/>
    <http://savannah.gnu.org/people/>

    sherm--