IsolatedStorage with impersonation in ASP.NET problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Zdenek Drlik, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Zdenek Drlik

    Zdenek Drlik Guest

    Hi,
    I have an ASP.NET application. I want to use IsolatedStorage in this
    application. When I run this application with anonymous access set in
    IIS (user set to IUSR_<machine>) and impersonation set to false in
    web.config, IsolatedStorage works fine.
    But when I try to set impersonation to true via the web.config, calling

    IsolatedStorageFile.GetUserStoreForDomain()

    get me an IsolatedStorageException with this call stack:

    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.nGetRootDir(IsolatedStorageScope
    scope) +0
    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.InitGlobalsNonRoaming(IsolatedStorageScope
    scope) +42
    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetRootDir(IsolatedStorageScope
    scope) +98
    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetGlobalFileIOPerm(IsolatedStorageScope
    scope) +208
    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.Init(IsolatedStorageScope
    scope) +37
    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetStore(IsolatedStorageScope
    scope, Type domainEvidenceType, Type assemblyEvidenceType) +66

    System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.GetUserStoreForDomain() +12

    and tells me that storage directory cannot be created (System could not
    find specified file).

    Does anybody know what's wrong, or how to use IsolatedStorage with
    impersonation in ASP.NET?
    Thanks

    Zdenek Drlik

    Zdenek Drlik, Jan 25, 2005