IsPostBack ??

cmrchs

Hi,

how can I initialize data kept in the Session-object only the first time a WS is invoked and not everytime the WS is invoked.

I tried :

Sub New()
if IsPostBack = false then
Session("counter") = 0
end if
End Sub

--> but IsPostBack is not available in a WebService (it is in WebPages)

Thnx

Chris

Jan Tielens

Check out this article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service08062002.asp
Using ASP.NET Session State in a Web Service

--
Greetz
Jan

Chris C said:
Hi,

how can I initialize data kept in the Session-object only the first time a
WS is invoked and not everytime the WS is invoked.
I tried :

Sub New()
if IsPostBack = false then
Session("counter") = 0
end if
End Sub

--> but IsPostBack is not available in a WebService (it is in WebPages)

Thnx

Chris

Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &
ASP.NET resources...