    which the IsPostBack value is coming back as False when the request is
    served by the other server. Shouldn't the IsPostBack property work fine
    across load balance servers.

    Kevin C, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Kevin C

    Cirrosi Guest

    IsPostback return true if the page is called from a submit.
    How you can see from reflector it return false when
    requestValueCollection=null.
    It's mean that there are not request (the page not is called from a submit).

    Cirrosi, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Kevin C

    bruce barker Guest

    its determined from a value stored in viewstate. it should work across load
    balance servers if the veiwstate is configured correctly for a webfarm.
    normally if you have the configuration wrong, you will get an invalid
    viewstate message. be sure the code matches on the two servers and the
    asp.net revs match, and iis configurations match.

    note: the "this._requestValueCollection == null" test is a quick bail if no
    data was posted (and thus no viewstate)

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 20, 2004