IsPostBack

Kevin C

Can someone tell me how the value of IsPostBack is determined? Does it
float around with viewstate? The code to retrieve the value looks like the
following (Reflector - shame on me J ):

public bool get_IsPostBack(){ if (this._requestValueCollection == null)
{ return false; } return !this._fPageLayoutChanged;}I
am having an issue issueing requests between 2 different servers (BigIP) in
which the IsPostBack value is coming back as False when the request is
served by the other server. Shouldn't the IsPostBack property work fine
across load balance servers.

Cirrosi

IsPostback return true if the page is called from a submit.
How you can see from reflector it return false when
requestValueCollection=null.
It's mean that there are not request (the page not is called from a submit).

bruce barker

its determined from a value stored in viewstate. it should work across load
balance servers if the veiwstate is configured correctly for a webfarm.
normally if you have the configuration wrong, you will get an invalid
viewstate message. be sure the code matches on the two servers and the
asp.net revs match, and iis configurations match.

note: the "this._requestValueCollection == null" test is a quick bail if no
data was posted (and thus no viewstate)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)