ISS web server will not run my .ASP page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by CutDMX12, Jun 23, 2008.

  1. CutDMX12

    CutDMX12 Guest

    Hi,

    I've just installed IIS on my XP Pro computer so i can use my ASP pages and
    to test if thay are working!!.

    The problum i am having is when i go to my ASP pages it WORKS exepted when i
    go and try to post some infomation to my database using ASP in to a .mdb
    database and when i do it gives me a error of:-

    Error Type:
    Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
    Operation must use an updateable query.
    /ticket/add.asp, line 37

    Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET
    CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.2)

    Page:
    POST 94 bytes to /ticket/add.asp

    POST Data
    name=jy&surname=jyt&house=Harvey&emailaddress=jty&uyear=7&gender=Male&submit=Reserve+My+Ticket

    Time:
    22 June 2008, 11:05:52 AM

    But when I put it on a web hosting server it WORKS fine???

    If any one else had this problum please reply to help me fix this

    Thanks
    CutDMX12
    CutDMX12, Jun 23, 2008

  2. CutDMX12

    wdudek Guest

    Does the user IIS is running as have access to the directory that the
    database is located in?

    wdudek, Jul 1, 2008

  3. CutDMX12

    CutDMX12 Guest