    BerkeleyDB4.2 is installed without any errors.

    regards,
    chetan
    chetan hs, May 12, 2004

  2. chetan  hs

    wes weston Guest

    chetan hs wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have installed Red Hat Linux 9, and tried to install python2.3
    > on python2.2 but there was a library installation error, while doing
    > "make install". I wanted to access BerkelyDB4.2 from python but it
    > was not possible. Please can you help me rectify that error.
    > BerkeleyDB4.2 is installed without any errors.
    >
    > regards,
    > chetan

    chetan,

    If you show us the result of "make install" it will help.

    What do mean by "install python2.3 on python2.2"? Are you copying
    over the rh python or putting p2.3 in /usr/local?

    I installed p2.3 on rh9 with no problems (except that Tkinter.askstring)
    fails sporatically on grab fail. I didn't have the guts to mess with
    the rh python. Instead, I run 2.3 from a script that changes the
    environment. If you put the 2.3 ahead of the rh2.2 in path, and do nothing
    else, you will break things like the network hardware tool.

    wes
    wes weston, May 13, 2004