istream, ostream and iostream

arnuld

i have noticed some people using ostream header alongwith iostream and i
have read the reasons on this groups for that inclusion: iostream does not
include all of ostream or soemthing like that.

i want to know what is the recommended use: iostream all the
time or use istream and ostream headers ?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

i have noticed some people using ostream header alongwith iostream and i
have read the reasons on this groups for that inclusion: iostream does not
include all of ostream or soemthing like that.

i want to know what is the recommended use: iostream all the
time or use istream and ostream headers ?

I'd say go with iostream, but be aware that on some platforms it might
not work. On most platforms however it will work, and in the next
version of the standard iostream will pull in everything.