IT tests. C, C++, XML, HTML, .NET, SQL...

Discussion in 'C++' started by marboti@gmail.com, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Jan 30, 2006

    wrote:
    > http://www.testyourabilities.com/it/
    > IT tests. C, C++, XML, HTML, .NET, SQL...

    I actually went through this test. It will send results to your email
    and not provide them as it claims will happen when you start. Even
    better, it never asks for an email to send to.

    It seemed like a reasonable test and I was interested in finding out
    how I did...but it was a total waste of 10 minutes.
    , Jan 30, 2006

  3. ma740988 Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > http://www.testyourabilities.com/it/
    > > IT tests. C, C++, XML, HTML, .NET, SQL...

    > I actually went through this test. It will send results to your email
    > and not provide them as it claims will happen when you start. Even
    > better, it never asks for an email to send to.
    >
    > It seemed like a reasonable test and I was interested in finding out
    > how I did...but it was a total waste of 10 minutes.

    You did this in 10 minutes? :). I was on question 15, 10 minutes
    later when I said screw it.
    ma740988, Jan 30, 2006

    ma740988 wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > > > http://www.testyourabilities.com/it/
    > > > IT tests. C, C++, XML, HTML, .NET, SQL...

    > > I actually went through this test. It will send results to your email
    > > and not provide them as it claims will happen when you start. Even
    > > better, it never asks for an email to send to.
    > >
    > > It seemed like a reasonable test and I was interested in finding out
    > > how I did...but it was a total waste of 10 minutes.

    > You did this in 10 minutes? :). I was on question 15, 10 minutes
    > later when I said screw it.

    Something like that...I don't know....maybe it was more. It would have
    been nice to know what I got right. Some of those questions got me a
    bit...one I even just guessed on because I just plain didn't know. And
    don't ask me which one, I don't remember ;)
    , Jan 30, 2006

    One tiny ShowReport option wasn't set to 'true' for the C++ test. It is
    fixed now. Sorry about this inconvenience.
    , Jan 30, 2006
  6. Gavin Deane Guest

    wrote:
    > One tiny ShowReport option wasn't set to 'true' for the C++ test. It is
    > fixed now. Sorry about this inconvenience.

    That's better!!

    Undefined Behaviour could be treated a bit more consistently. For code
    that exhibited it, most of the time "The behaviour is undefined" was an
    option in the answers, but a couple of questions didn't give that
    option. The 'right' answer appeared to be the one that described one of
    the more likely results - not the same thing. And there's no implicit
    int in C++.

    But overall, I thought it was quite a good test.

    Gavin Deane
    Gavin Deane, Jan 31, 2006
  7. Gavin Deane escreveu:

    > wrote:
    > > One tiny ShowReport option wasn't set to 'true' for the C++ test. It is
    > > fixed now. Sorry about this inconvenience.

    > That's better!!
    >
    > Undefined Behaviour could be treated a bit more consistently. For code
    > that exhibited it, most of the time "The behaviour is undefined" was an
    > option in the answers, but a couple of questions didn't give that
    > option. The 'right' answer appeared to be the one that described one of
    > the more likely results - not the same thing. And there's no implicit
    > int in C++.
    >
    > But overall, I thought it was quite a good test.
    >
    > Gavin Deane

    Besides all that undefined behaviour. What is Frame, Control,
    Window...? What is question #62? And what are the answers I got wrong?

    HTH,

    Marcelo Pinto
    Marcelo Pinto, Jan 31, 2006

    Marcelo Pinto wrote:
    > And what are the answers I got wrong?

    Yeah, I got 3 wrong but have no idea which ones. Definately would be
    nice to know. I was only really unsure about one of them.
    , Jan 31, 2006