ItemDataBound not always firing:

Guest

I have a webpage (mypage.aspx) that contains a usercontrol (mycontrol.ascx)

In that user control, there's a DataList

In the OnInit method of mypage.aspx, I call mycontrol.BuildControl(), which
among other things, creates a datatable that has some stuff, and binds it t
the datalist. The problem here is that I have an even
(MyDataList_OnItemDataBound) that isn't getting fired here

BUT, in the usercontrol I also have a DropDownList, which has a
OnSelectedIndexChanged event. In that event, I add some stuff to th
datatable, and bind it to the datalist. THEN, the OnItemDataBound event fo
the datalist fires

So, why does it fire some times, but not the others

Jonas