ItemTemplate using IDE??

SStory

How do I set the Item template using the IDE?

I have ASP Unleashed book but it is all code.

I found the Edit Template, but don' t know what to do within that dialog.

What is the normal manner of doing this?

Thanks

Shane

Marina

Once you are editing the template, you will see boxes for things like: Item
Template, Alternate Item Template, etc (depending on your object). You can
drag and drop items from the toolbar into the template boxes.

Typically, to get the exact layout, one then has to switch into HTML mode
and modify it a bit.

You can also type in the asp code directly in the .aspx in HTML mode.

"SStory >" <[email protected] <remove the 'online.' to send me
mail> wrote in message news:%[email protected]...

SStory

Do you mainly use Web Controls and not the HTML controls? -- I would think
so...

These controls that you'd drop on would they be web controls?

Also, do you just use flow layout and Tables or what? Maybe some controls.

I am almost getting the hang of it, but not quite sure of everything.. Have
several books but all in code.

So can you set the page to flow mode and then place a panel control in I
guess that uses grid mode in itself and mix things like that?

Thanks for answering so many of my questions..

Shane