Iterating through Repeater.Items

Mark Fox

Hello,

I have a repeater and in each itemtemplate I have a
radiobuttonlist. I am attempting to figure out how on
postback I could iterate through the rows displayed by
the repeater and for each row grab the selected value of
the radio button list. When is the Repeater.Items
collection populated? I first attempted to access the
Repeater.Items collection from the Command event of a
normal linkbutton on the page, but it was empty. Is it
not populated before the Command event of a linkbutton?
In the documentation for Repeater.Items, it accesses the
collection in the Repeater's ItemCommand event handler.
But when I moved the linkbutton into the FooterTemplate
of the Repeater, the itemcommand event handler isn't
being raised even though I wired it up in
InitializeComponent. Why might the ItemCommand not be
raised? If it's possible to access the Repeater.Items
collection outside the ItemCommand event handler, where
may I do so? Here is some of the code I'm using:

Code Behind:

private void InitializeComponent()
{
this.Load += new
System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load);

this.rpRegistrations.ItemDataBound += new
RepeaterItemEventHandler(rpRegistrations_ItemDataBound);
this.rpRegistrations.ItemCommand
+= new RepeaterCommandEventHandler
(rpRegistrations_ItemCommand);

}

private void rpRegistrations_ItemCommand
(object source, RepeaterCommandEventArgs e)
{

// The if statement below never gets called
if(e.CommandName == "Update")

Web Form:

<asp:Repeater
ID="rpRegistrations" Runat="server">

<HeaderTemplate>
border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">

</HeaderTemplate>

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:RadioButtonList ID="rblNumber"
Runat="server" CssClass="Normal"
RepeatDirection="Horizontal" Visible="False">

<asp:ListItem
Value="1">One</asp:ListItem>

<asp:ListItem Value="2"
Selected="True">Two<asp:ListItem>

</asp:RadioButtonList>

</ItemTemplate>

<FooterTemplate>

<asp:LinkButton ID="btnUpdate"
CommandName="Update" Runat="server" Text="Save"
CssClass="Command" /><br>

</FooterTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>