Iterator question (ignore other one)

Alex__655321

Hello All

I hope I'm correct posting an STL question here - if not feel free to
direct me to somewhere more appropriate.

I'm writing some code using an std::set which I believe is the best
container to use for this particular problem.

However I have a case where I need to iterate through the set at an
arbitrary starting point and traverse all other elements in it.

For example - if I have a list of 5 elements and wished to start at
element 3, I would need my iterator to go

3,
4.
5,
1,
2

I am wondering if there is a standard mechanism for doing this or
maybe another container type that may be appropriate or am I better
off using a bidirectional iterator and handling the traversal myself?
I'm asking from an efficiency perspective.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Alex...
P.S. Sorry about the previous post.

Mark P

[...]

There's no standard mechanism per se, but it's easy enough to do by hand.

iterator start_it = my_set.find( start_value);
for( iterator it = start_it; it != my_set.end(); ++it)
do something;
for( iterator it = my_set.begin(); it != start_it; ++it)
do something;

Mark