Itext Templates

Marty

Does anyone know where I can get an example of taking a pdf file that
will add dynamic data to specific places within a page using iText?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Miguel De Anda

Marty said:
Does anyone know where I can get an example of taking a pdf file that
will add dynamic data to specific places within a page using iText?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think iText can read/modify a pdf. It can only create them. Their
website has a bunch of examples. http://www.lowagie.com/iText/docs.html

I'm actually currently working on a similar project. I'm thinking that I
will just create a pdf but save it to xml, then modify that xml, then create
the real pdf. See the examples from "chapter 7" for more info.

Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Wrong! iText and iTextSharp can handle modifications to a PDF

I'm not sure of the other methods, but I do have a proof of concept that take s PDF, fills in all the forms fields, and saves it out as another PDF! I have a blog post I wrote up on how to do it on my blog:

johnnycode.com

I use C# and .NET, but the code is almost the same for Java. In fact, i have a link to the original code which was Java!