    Does anyone know where I can get an example of taking a pdf file that
    will add dynamic data to specific places within a page using iText?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Marty, Aug 13, 2003

  2. "Marty" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know where I can get an example of taking a pdf file that
    > will add dynamic data to specific places within a page using iText?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I don't think iText can read/modify a pdf. It can only create them. Their
    website has a bunch of examples. http://www.lowagie.com/iText/docs.html

    I'm actually currently working on a similar project. I'm thinking that I
    will just create a pdf but save it to xml, then modify that xml, then create
    the real pdf. See the examples from "chapter 7" for more info.

    Miguel De Anda, Aug 13, 2003

  3. Marty

    SkippyFire

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Wrong! iText and iTextSharp can handle modifications to a PDF

    I'm not sure of the other methods, but I do have a proof of concept that take s PDF, fills in all the forms fields, and saves it out as another PDF! I have a blog post I wrote up on how to do it on my blog:

    johnnycode.com

    I use C# and .NET, but the code is almost the same for Java. In fact, i have a link to the original code which was Java!

    SkippyFire, Mar 5, 2010