Its a bird, its a plane, its.. um, an Attribute based System?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by thunk, Apr 1, 2010.

  1. thunk

    thunk Guest

    http://seclab.uiuc.edu/web/projects/67.html

    And this doesn't make any particular sense to me.

    There is said to be a PHP version working with ECommerce?

    and It is open source.

    This was where the original concept only.... as I have stated from
    the beginning.

    And FOR THE RECORD - a AI "claim" was never made by me, that got
    schleppt into this with "Boid" which was my naive, but sincere best
    guess to what "this is".

    BUT there's more.... sorry... but thinking of the top of my head:
    1. A "ruid" framework would be 100% pure Ruby
    2. Would run no more than about 4,000 lines total - stretched out
    with lots of comments
    3. Would have zero dependencies
    4. Is "self adjusting" - externally appended units, all just
    "pluglet" right in.
    5. a 100% pure ruby "object base" can bolt right on - I will guess -
    my testing 2 years ago on couchDB proved that to me (via JSON)

    ------------------

    Finally this is straight up early on "conjecture" based on the
    "shopping Basket example".

    That was where the concept started.

    It has moved on to be something else, but probably not something too
    radically different.

    Now you all can tell me how boring you find this, but I am still
    wondering if anybody has hooked up all this stuff so that the only
    maintenance is in those "Helper Classes". That is working out just
    very nicely and a less dynamic system could not begin to do that
    without deserving "instant legacy" stature in my humble book.

    Meanwhile I will continue to build that public wiki at:

    http://wiki.github.com/gkoller/Ruids/

    at my own pace consistent with a "proprietary" release in 3 months or
    so.

    I'd also be interested to see this hooked up to Spree! I liked very
    much what I was seeing there... and they have had a fresh version, a
    good team and such. In fact, if this bolted into Spree a great deal
    of what I need to do to get the proprietary system up could be
    "avoided", and I'd like to consider that path.

    Nobody has really "clicked" 100% on where the limitations of this
    system is - and I'm not ashamed to say it, those "HelperClass" method
    calls could use Prolog or who knows what to do whatever beyond the
    problem I set out to solve.

    Thunk
    thunk, Apr 1, 2010