    "What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, Leno?"

    "The shooting in Tucson proves we need stricter gun control."

    "Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim."

    Nougat Surprise, Jan 16, 2011

  2. Nougat Surprise

    Lew Guest

    On 01/16/2011 04:27 PM, Nougat Surprise wrote:
    > Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site

    PLONK on you!

    --
    Lew
    Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

    Lew, Jan 16, 2011

  3. Nougat Surprise

    Guest

    Nougat Surprise <> writes:

    6> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

    6> Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site and ran across
    the
    6> tholenbot!

    Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    6> First usenet. Now blog comments. What's next, a guest appearance on
    the
    6> Late Show?

    What does your question have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

    6> "Barack Obama has polarized this nation!"

    What does your quotation have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

    6> "What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, Leno?"

    Who allegedly authored that quotation, Surprise?

    6> "The shooting in Tucson proves we need stricter gun control."

    What does your quotation have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

    6> "Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim."

    What does your quotation have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

    6> ....

    What does your ellipsis have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

    , Jan 16, 2011
  4. Nougat Surprise

    Guest

    Lew <> writes:

    7> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

    7> PLONK on you!

    What does your PLONK of Surprise have to do with OS/2, Lew?

    , Jan 16, 2011
  5. On 16/01/2011 6:12 PM, Lew wrote:
    > On 01/16/2011 04:27 PM, Nougat Surprise wrote:
    >> Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site

    > [implied insult deleted]

    How rude.

    Nougat Surprise, Jan 17, 2011
  6. "Lew <> writes: [implied insult deleted]!
    What does your [implied insult deleted] of Surprise have to do with
    OS/2, Lew?"

    Nothing important, since the implied insult in question is factually wrong.

    Nougat Surprise, Jan 17, 2011
  7. Nougat Surprise

    Guest

    Nougat Surprise <> writes:

    7> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

    7> How rude.

    What does Lew's rudeness have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

    8> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

    8> Nothing important, since the implied insult in question is
    factually wrong.

    How can a PLONK be factually wrong, Surprise, and what does
    your complaint have to do with OS/2?

    , Jan 17, 2011
  8. On 16/01/2011 9:44 PM, wrote:
    > 8> Nothing important, since the implied insult in question is
    > factually wrong.
    >
    > How can a PLONK be factually wrong, Surprise

    That should be obvious, tholenbot. Suppose someone said "PLONK" to me
    without actually killfiling me, tholenbot. Then the "PLONK" would be
    factually wrong, tholenbot.

    Furthermore, I never claimed a "PLONK" was factually wrong, tholenbot. I
    claimed an implied insult was factually wrong, tholenbot. A "PLONK" may
    have implied an insult, but that insult is then a separate thing from
    the "PLONK" itself, tholenbot. For instance, the "I have killfiled you"
    declarative meaning may be factually accurate, tholenbot, while at the
    same time the "you write nothing worth reading" subtext may be
    incorrect, tholenbot.

    > and what does your complaint have to

    <WHACK THOLEN BOT>

    Nougat Surprise, Jan 17, 2011
  9. Nougat Surprise

    Guest

    Nougat Surprise <> writes:

    9> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

    9> That should be obvious, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    9> Suppose someone said "PLONK" to me
    9> without actually killfiling me, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    9> Then the "PLONK" would be factually wrong, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    9> Furthermore, I never claimed a "PLONK" was factually wrong,
    tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    9> I claimed an implied insult was factually wrong, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    9> A "PLONK" may have implied an insult, but that insult is then a
    9> separate thing from the "PLONK" itself, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    9> For instance, the "I have killfiled you" declarative meaning may
    9> be factually accurate, tholenbot, while at the same time the
    9> "you write nothing worth reading" subtext may be incorrect,
    tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    9> <WHACK THOLEN BOT>

  10. On 17/01/2011 8:11 AM, wrote:
    > Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    > using that alias.

    That's one.

    > Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    > using that alias.

    That's two.

    > Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    > using that alias.

    That's three.

    > Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    > using that alias.

    That's four.

    > Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    > using that alias.

    That's five.

    > Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    > using that alias.

    That's six.

    > Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    > using that alias.

    That's seven.

    > Who is "THOLEN BOT", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    > using that alias.

    And that's eight.

    Uh-oh. It looks like the tholenbot's hard disk is skipping again.
    Someone whack the tholenbot to get it unstuck!

    Sulfide Eater, Jan 17, 2011
  11. Nougat Surprise

    Guest

    Sulfide Eater <> writes:

    101> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

    101> That's one.

    What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

    101> That's two.

    What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

    101> That's three.

    What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

    101> That's four.

    What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

    101> That's five.

    What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

    101> That's six.

    What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

    101> That's seven.

    What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

    101> And that's eight.

    What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

    101> Uh-oh. It looks like the tholenbot's hard disk is skipping
    again.

    Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    101> Someone whack the tholenbot to get it unstuck!

  12. On 17/01/2011 9:37 AM, wrote:
    > Sulfide Eater <> writes:
    >
    > 101> Newsgroups:
    > comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer
    >
    > 101> That's one.
    >
    > What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

    What do you mean by "misattribution count", tholenbot? I was counting
    your repetitions of one of your catchphrases, not misattributions,
    tholenbot. So far I haven't noticed you misattributing anything,
    tholenbot, so my "misattribution count" in replying to one of your posts
    would have to be zero, tholenbot. Yet your statement above implies that
    it's at least one, tholenbot. Classic contradiction, tholenbot.

    Sulfide Eater, Jan 17, 2011
  13. Nougat Surprise

    Guest

    Sulfide Eater <> writes:

    103> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

    103> What do you mean by "misattribution count", tholenbot?

    Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    103> I was counting your repetitions of one of your catchphrases,
    103> not misattributions, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    103> So far I haven't noticed you misattributing anything, tholenbot,
    103> so my "misattribution count" in replying to one of your posts
    103> would have to be zero, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    103> Yet your statement above implies that it's at least one,
    103> tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    103> Classic contradiction, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    , Jan 17, 2011
  14. Nougat Surprise

    david tholen Guest

    On Jan 16, 4:27 pm, Nougat Surprise <>
    wrote:
    > http://www.againstmonopoly.org/index.php?perm=593056000000002641
    >
    > Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site and ran across the
    > tholenbot!
    >
    > First usenet. Now blog comments. What's next, a guest appearance on the
    > Late Show?

    His latest comment in that thread:

    nightingale writes:

    2> I will always love you, tholen.

    What does that have to do with monopolies, nightingale?

    and commenting on another post from the same blog:

    Edward Hart writes:

    0> riley, excellent point! Open sourcing really is good for our
    0> generation, and I hope the trend towards more and more
    0> open source software will continue

    Agreed.

    1> professional term paper writers

    What does that have to do with monopolies, Hart?

    How many tholens are there anyway? The one on that blog does not seem
    as sophisticated as the usenet version.

    david tholen, Jan 19, 2011
  15. Nougat Surprise

    Guest

    david tholen <> writes:

    30> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

    30> His latest comment in that thread:

    What does your latest comment have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

    30> and commenting on another post from the same blog:

    What does your comment have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

    30> How many tholens are there anyway?

    What does your question have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

    30> The one on that blog does not seem
    30> as sophisticated as the usenet version.

    What does your comparison have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

    , Jan 19, 2011
  16. Nougat Surprise

    tholen Guest

    On Jan 19, 3:41 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > david tholen <> writes:
    >
    > 30> Newsgroups:
    > comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer
    >
    > 30> His latest comment in that thread:
    >
    > What does your latest comment have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

    Nothing, .

    > 30> and commenting on another post from the same blog:
    >
    > What does your comment have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

    Nothing, .

    > 30> How many tholens are there anyway?
    >
    > What does your question have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

    Nothing, .

    > 30> The one on that blog does not seem
    > 30> as sophisticated as the usenet version.
    >
    > What does your comparison have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

    http://www.mdpub.com/tholen/tholenizer.html
    This program is not very good, and needs to be upgraded. I wonder if
    somebody could program a better tholen using OS/2,
    .

    tholen, Jan 19, 2011
  17. Nougat Surprise

    Guest

    tholen <> writes:

    31> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.music.classical

    31> Nothing, .

    Then why did you post it to an OS/2 newsgroup, tholenizer?

    31> Nothing, .

    Then why did you post it to an OS/2 newsgroup, tholenizer?

    31> Nothing, .

    Then why did you post it to an OS/2 newsgroup, tholenizer?

    31> This program is not very good, and needs to be upgraded.

    What does your need for upgrading have to do with OS/2,
    tholenizer?

    31> I wonder if somebody could program a better tholen using OS/2,
    31> .

    Why not give it a try, tholenizer?

    , Jan 19, 2011
  18. Nougat Surprise

    tholen Guest

    On Jan 19, 4:17 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > tholen <> writes:
    >
    > 31> Newsgroups:
    > comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.music.classi­cal

    I meant to ask, how did you come up with "30>" for your first reply
    for me, and "31>" for your second? Shouldn't it be "1>" and "2>" -
    perhaps your program needs repair.

    > 31> Nothing, .
    >
    > Then why did you post it to an OS/2 newsgroup, tholenizer?

    My reply was posted to the same group as the original post.

    > 31> This program is not very good, and needs to be upgraded.
    >
    > What does your need for upgrading have to do with OS/2,
    > tholenizer?
    >
    > 31> I wonder if somebody could program a better tholen using OS/2,
    > 31> .
    >
    > Why not give it a try, tholenizer?

    I don't know enough about OS/2 yet. Do you think it could work?

    tholen, Jan 19, 2011
  19. Nougat Surprise

    Guest

    tholen <> writes:

    32> Newsgroups:
    comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.music.classical

    32> I meant to ask, how did you come up with "30>" for your first
    reply
    32> for me, and "31>" for your second? Shouldn't it be "1>" and "2>" -
    32> perhaps your program needs repair.

    What does your question have to do with OS/2, tholenizer?

    32> My reply was posted to the same group as the original post.

    The original post wasn't restricted to one group, tholenizer.
    Suffering from reading comprehension problems, tholenizer?

    32> I don't know enough about OS/2 yet. Do you think it could work?

    You really think the operating system is the limiting factor,
    tholenizer?

    , Jan 19, 2011
  20. Nougat Surprise

    tholen Guest

    On Jan 19, 4:53 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > tholen <> writes:
    >
    > 32> Newsgroups:
    > comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.music.classi­cal
    >
    > 32> I meant to ask, how did you come up with "30>" for your first
    > reply
    > 32> for me, and "31>" for your second? Shouldn't it be "1>" and "2>" -
    > 32> perhaps your program needs repair.
    >
    > What does your question have to do with OS/2, tholenizer?

    Why don't you ever answer questions, ?

    > 32> My reply was posted to the same group as the original post.
    >
    > The original post wasn't restricted to one group, tholenizer.

    I did not claim that it was.

    > Suffering from reading comprehension problems, tholenizer?

    No, but thanks for asking.

    > 32> I don't know enough about OS/2 yet.  Do you think it could work?
    >
    > You really think the operating system is the limiting factor,
    > tholenizer?

    It can be a limiting factor.
    What do you see as the advantages of OS/2 compared to the more popular
    ones?

    tholen, Jan 19, 2011