It's spreading.

Nougat Surprise

http://www.againstmonopoly.org/index.php?perm=593056000000002641

Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site and ran across the
tholenbot!

First usenet. Now blog comments. What's next, a guest appearance on the
Late Show?

"Barack Obama has polarized this nation!"

"What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, Leno?"

"The shooting in Tucson proves we need stricter gun control."

"Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim."

tholen

6> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

6> Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site and ran across
the
6> tholenbot!

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

6> First usenet. Now blog comments. What's next, a guest appearance on
the
6> Late Show?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

6> "Barack Obama has polarized this nation!"

What does your quotation have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

6> "What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, Leno?"

Who allegedly authored that quotation, Surprise?

6> "The shooting in Tucson proves we need stricter gun control."

What does your quotation have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

6> "Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim."

What does your quotation have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

6> ....

What does your ellipsis have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

tholen

7> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

7> PLONK on you!

What does your PLONK of Surprise have to do with OS/2, Lew?

Nougat Surprise

What does your [implied insult deleted] of Surprise have to do with
OS/2, Lew?"

Nothing important, since the implied insult in question is factually wrong.

tholen

7> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

7> How rude.

What does Lew's rudeness have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

8> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

8> Nothing important, since the implied insult in question is
factually wrong.

How can a PLONK be factually wrong, Surprise, and what does
your complaint have to do with OS/2?

Nougat Surprise

8> Nothing important, since the implied insult in question is
factually wrong.

How can a PLONK be factually wrong, Surprise

That should be obvious, tholenbot. Suppose someone said "PLONK" to me
without actually killfiling me, tholenbot. Then the "PLONK" would be
factually wrong, tholenbot.

Furthermore, I never claimed a "PLONK" was factually wrong, tholenbot. I
claimed an implied insult was factually wrong, tholenbot. A "PLONK" may
have implied an insult, but that insult is then a separate thing from
the "PLONK" itself, tholenbot. For instance, the "I have killfiled you"
declarative meaning may be factually accurate, tholenbot, while at the
same time the "you write nothing worth reading" subtext may be
incorrect, tholenbot.
and what does your complaint have to
<WHACK THOLEN BOT>

tholen

9> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

9> That should be obvious, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> Suppose someone said "PLONK" to me
9> without actually killfiling me, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> Then the "PLONK" would be factually wrong, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> Furthermore, I never claimed a "PLONK" was factually wrong,
tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> I claimed an implied insult was factually wrong, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> A "PLONK" may have implied an insult, but that insult is then a
9> separate thing from the "PLONK" itself, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> For instance, the "I have killfiled you" declarative meaning may
9> be factually accurate, tholenbot, while at the same time the
9> "you write nothing worth reading" subtext may be incorrect,
tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> <WHACK THOLEN BOT>

Who is "THOLEN BOT", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

Sulfide Eater

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

That's one.
Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

That's two.
Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

That's three.
Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

That's four.
Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

That's five.
Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

That's six.
Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

That's seven.
Who is "THOLEN BOT", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

And that's eight.

Uh-oh. It looks like the tholenbot's hard disk is skipping again.
Someone whack the tholenbot to get it unstuck!

tholen

101> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

101> That's one.

What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

101> That's two.

What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

101> That's three.

What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

101> That's four.

What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

101> That's five.

What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

101> That's six.

What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

101> That's seven.

What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

101> And that's eight.

What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

101> Uh-oh. It looks like the tholenbot's hard disk is skipping
again.

Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

101> Someone whack the tholenbot to get it unstuck!

Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

Sulfide Eater

101> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

101> That's one.

What does your misattribution count have to do with OS/2, Eater?

What do you mean by "misattribution count", tholenbot? I was counting
your repetitions of one of your catchphrases, not misattributions,
tholenbot. So far I haven't noticed you misattributing anything,
tholenbot, so my "misattribution count" in replying to one of your posts
would have to be zero, tholenbot. Yet your statement above implies that
it's at least one, tholenbot. Classic contradiction, tholenbot.

tholen

103> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

103> What do you mean by "misattribution count", tholenbot?

Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

103> I was counting your repetitions of one of your catchphrases,
103> not misattributions, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

103> So far I haven't noticed you misattributing anything, tholenbot,
103> so my "misattribution count" in replying to one of your posts
103> would have to be zero, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

103> Yet your statement above implies that it's at least one,
103> tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

103> Classic contradiction, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Eater? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

david tholen

http://www.againstmonopoly.org/index.php?perm=593056000000002641

Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site and ran across the
tholenbot!

First usenet. Now blog comments. What's next, a guest appearance on the
Late Show?

His latest comment in that thread:

nightingale writes:

2> I will always love you, tholen.

What does that have to do with monopolies, nightingale?

and commenting on another post from the same blog:

Edward Hart writes:

0> riley, excellent point! Open sourcing really is good for our
0> generation, and I hope the trend towards more and more
0> open source software will continue

Agreed.

1> professional term paper writers

What does that have to do with monopolies, Hart?

How many tholens are there anyway? The one on that blog does not seem
as sophisticated as the usenet version.

tholen

30> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

30> His latest comment in that thread:

What does your latest comment have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

30> and commenting on another post from the same blog:

What does your comment have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

30> How many tholens are there anyway?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

30> The one on that blog does not seem
30> as sophisticated as the usenet version.

What does your comparison have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

tholen

30> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer

30> His latest comment in that thread:

What does your latest comment have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

Nothing, (e-mail address removed).
30> and commenting on another post from the same blog:

What does your comment have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

Nothing, (e-mail address removed).
30> How many tholens are there anyway?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

Nothing, (e-mail address removed).
30> The one on that blog does not seem
30> as sophisticated as the usenet version.

What does your comparison have to do with OS/2, david tholen?

http://www.mdpub.com/tholen/tholenizer.html
This program is not very good, and needs to be upgraded. I wonder if
somebody could program a better tholen using OS/2,
(e-mail address removed).

tholen

31> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.music.classical

31> Nothing, (e-mail address removed).

Then why did you post it to an OS/2 newsgroup, tholenizer?

31> Nothing, (e-mail address removed).

Then why did you post it to an OS/2 newsgroup, tholenizer?

31> Nothing, (e-mail address removed).

Then why did you post it to an OS/2 newsgroup, tholenizer?

31> This program is not very good, and needs to be upgraded.

What does your need for upgrading have to do with OS/2,
tholenizer?

31> I wonder if somebody could program a better tholen using OS/2,
31> (e-mail address removed).

Why not give it a try, tholenizer?

tholen

31> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.music.classi­cal

I meant to ask, how did you come up with "30>" for your first reply
for me, and "31>" for your second? Shouldn't it be "1>" and "2>" -
perhaps your program needs repair.
31> Nothing, (e-mail address removed).

Then why did you post it to an OS/2 newsgroup, tholenizer?

My reply was posted to the same group as the original post.
31> This program is not very good, and needs to be upgraded.

What does your need for upgrading have to do with OS/2,
tholenizer?

31> I wonder if somebody could program a better tholen using OS/2,
31> (e-mail address removed).

Why not give it a try, tholenizer?

I don't know enough about OS/2 yet. Do you think it could work?

tholen

32> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.music.classical

32> I meant to ask, how did you come up with "30>" for your first
reply
32> for me, and "31>" for your second? Shouldn't it be "1>" and "2>" -
32> perhaps your program needs repair.

What does your question have to do with OS/2, tholenizer?

32> My reply was posted to the same group as the original post.

The original post wasn't restricted to one group, tholenizer.
Suffering from reading comprehension problems, tholenizer?

32> I don't know enough about OS/2 yet. Do you think it could work?

You really think the operating system is the limiting factor,
tholenizer?

tholen

32> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.music.classi­cal

32> I meant to ask, how did you come up with "30>" for your first
reply
32> for me, and "31>" for your second? Shouldn't it be "1>" and "2>" -
32> perhaps your program needs repair.

What does your question have to do with OS/2, tholenizer?

Why don't you ever answer questions, (e-mail address removed)?
32> My reply was posted to the same group as the original post.

The original post wasn't restricted to one group, tholenizer.

I did not claim that it was.
Suffering from reading comprehension problems, tholenizer?

No, but thanks for asking.
32> I don't know enough about OS/2 yet.  Do you think it could work?

You really think the operating system is the limiting factor,
tholenizer?

It can be a limiting factor.
What do you see as the advantages of OS/2 compared to the more popular
ones?

RodneyMcAu