    --
    Thank you,

    Dan Sikorsky MSCS, BSCE, BAB
    Dan Sikorsky, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Dan Sikorsky

    Ray at Guest

    You can set what user is used on a per-directory basis in IIS. It's on the
    directory security tab on the properties dialog for the site or the
    [virtual] directory. See sites like www.iisfaq.com or groups like
    m.p.inetserver.iis for more detailed information.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Dan Sikorsky

    Dan Sikorsky Guest

    Supposed client software was distributed on a CD that sends files using FTP
    and in that compiled code is the login id IUSR_machinename and password
    that the FTP connection requires? In view of this, mustn't the IUSR_ account
    be the login id?

    --
    Thank you,

    Dan Sikorsky MSCS, BSCE, BAB

    Dan Sikorsky, Aug 14, 2003
  4. Dan Sikorsky

    Ray at Guest

    What?

    Ray at, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Dan Sikorsky

    Mark Schupp Guest

    FTP doesn't have to use the IUSR password. You can set up a different user
    account for FTP and give it the desired NTFS permissions to only the
    directories where the files need to be uploaded. It would probably be best
    if you set up a separate FTP site (or at least a separate directory) that
    the client application could upload to.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    --