IUSR_xxx doesn't have permissions to run ASP pages

Brian Bischof

I've spent the past three hours struggling with this one and Googled the
hell out of it. Please help!

I ran IISLockdown for another problem and it trashed IIS. ASP pages wouldn't
run at all. So I Googled it forever to no avail. So I unsintalled IIS and
resintalled it. Now the status is that ASP pages ask me to login and then
they run. I assigned the maximum permissions to the IUSR_xxx account as well
as gave it read permissions to the folders it is using. No luck. I also went
to the MS KB Troubleshooting ASP Pages (
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;309051 ) and tried
to fix the IWAM acount. Still no luck. The only thing that I finally have
working is using the Admin account as the anonymous user (VERY bad idea) and
setting security to Low (even setting it to Medium blocks me out).

So why can't I run ASP pages using Medium security with the IUSR_xxx account
even when I've given it every possible level of permission I can think of???
I'm going crazy with a VERY unsecure website running.

Thanks,

Brian

John Blessing

Brian Bischof said:
[...]

IIS, right click on the web site, properties, directory security, click
Anonymoust Authentication Edit button, uncheck Basic Authentication, uncheck
Integrated Authentication, check Anonymous Access and verify that the user
account is the one you think it is.

--
John Blessing

businesses

[...]