Ive just written an anti frame breaking javascript... What to do with it?

Mike

Hi,

I took an interest a few months ago in an anti framebreaker
javascript. All my research told me that it was impossible. If a
website is loaded into a frame/iframe then if it has frame breaking
javascript it will break out of that frame and there is nothing you
can do about it except to screenscrape.

So I decided to challenge that, and I wrote a counter javascript that
forces a page to stay in a frame. It worked after months of work! Now,
I have no use for it. Any ideas?

Erwin Moller

Mike said:
Hi,

I took an interest a few months ago in an anti framebreaker
javascript. All my research told me that it was impossible. If a
website is loaded into a frame/iframe then if it has frame breaking
javascript it will break out of that frame and there is nothing you
can do about it except to screenscrape.

So I decided to challenge that, and I wrote a counter javascript that
forces a page to stay in a frame. It worked after months of work! Now,
I have no use for it. Any ideas?

Try to sell it to people who like to steal other people's content, because I
cannot think of any other use.
Or publish it here if you want us to counter your anti-framebreaking script.
;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Mike

Mike said the following on 4/6/2007 8:36 AM:

You couldn't do it then and you can't do it now.

Believe your research, it is correct.

Retrieve it from your server, serve it as your own page. It is called
"content stealing".

No you didn't.

I don't believe you.

Because it doesn't work?

Lots of them.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

I know how touchy people can get about anti framebreaking scripts but
you need to look at every possible use for one and I believe there are
many completely innocent uses for one. I have heard that Yahoo use/
used an anti framebreaking javascript on their site to keep pages
framed on their image search. Also, a lot of possible application uses
for browsers that run in browsers.