    big area)
    It is in need of a front end and it is currently platform independent.

    Good advice is welcome. Thanks.
    D, Mar 14, 2007

  2. D wrote:
    > I've written some C++ analysis / machine learning software which I
    > think is pretty nifty. I am wondering what to do with it. I think it
    > is worth some £, $ or euros. Also I wondering how to protect it. It
    > might even deserve a paper, but I don't know the literature (it is a
    > big area)
    > It is in need of a front end and it is currently platform independent.
    >
    > Good advice is welcome. Thanks.

    What C++ _language_ question do you have? Consider that your posting
    is similar to

    "I drove my Toyota to the market to buy some fruit. Which should
    I get, pears, apples, or cucumbers? How much do they go for?"

    in the alt.autos.toyota newsgroup.

    Here is some advice (you decide whether it's good or not): find
    a better place to ask your marketing/legal question.

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 14, 2007

  3. D

    D Guest

    Well I did ask how to protect my C++ code.
    D, Mar 14, 2007
  4. D

    D Guest

    > What C++ _language_ question do you have? Consider that your posting
    > is similar to
    >
    > "I drove my Toyota to the market to buy some fruit. Which should
    > I get, pears, apples, or cucumbers? How much do they go for?"
    >
    > in the alt.autos.toyota newsgroup.
    >
    > Here is some advice (you decide whether it's good or not): find
    > a better place to ask your marketing/legal question.

    **** off Victor! And do your mud slinging elsewhere! Oh and don't
    forget to hold onto your relic and whisper to your imaginary friend ;)
    D, Mar 14, 2007
  5. D

    red floyd Guest

    D wrote:
    > Well I did ask how to protect my C++ code.

    Copyright it and register the copyright.

    The charter of comp.lang.c++ the discussion of the language as defined
    by ISO/IEC 14882. See the FAQ at http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite
    for more details.

    ISO/IEC 14882 does not discuss "protecting" code. How to do that is
    specific to your target platform. Please ask in a newsgroup dedicated
    to your platform.

    And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.
    red floyd, Mar 14, 2007
  6. D

    D Guest

    On 14 Mar, 23:07, red floyd <> wrote:
    > D wrote:
    > > Well I did ask how to protect my C++ code.

    > Copyright it and register the copyright.
    >
    > The charter of comp.lang.c++ the discussion of the language as defined
    > by ISO/IEC 14882. See the FAQ athttp://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite
    > for more details.
    >
    > ISO/IEC 14882 does not discuss "protecting" code. How to do that is
    > specific to your target platform. Please ask in a newsgroup dedicated
    > to your platform.

    OK, thanks.

    > And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.

    He is provocative and insulting, what do you expect ?
    D, Mar 15, 2007
  7. D

    Gavin Deane Guest

    On 15 Mar, 00:01, "D" <> wrote:
    > On 14 Mar, 23:07, red floyd <> wrote:
    > > And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.

    > He is provocative and insulting, what do you expect ?

    Well everyone knows what to expect of you now don't they. The net
    result is that even if you do have a C++ language question one day,
    people who remember your childish and unwarranted outburst might be
    less inclined to bother helping you.

    And you think cluttering a newsgroup where people are expecting to
    read about the C++ language with questions about something else
    entirely is polite do you? You seem quick to judge the manners of
    other people - you need to take a look in the mirror.

    Gavin Deane
    Gavin Deane, Mar 15, 2007
  8. D

    D Guest

    On 15 Mar, 09:10, "Gavin Deane" <> wrote:
    > On 15 Mar, 00:01, "D" <> wrote:
    >
    > > On 14 Mar, 23:07, red floyd <> wrote:
    > > > And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.

    > > He is provocative and insulting, what do you expect ?

    > Well everyone knows what to expect of you now don't they.
    >
    > < snip - equally unwarranted retort >
    >
    > Gavin Deane

    My conclusion is that the C++ conmunity is not friendly and C++ is not
    a friendly language.
    D, Mar 16, 2007
  9. "red floyd" <> wrote in message
    > D wrote:
    > > Well I did ask how to protect my C++ code.
    > >

    > Copyright it and register the copyright.
    >
    > The charter of comp.lang.c++ the discussion of the language as defined
    > by ISO/IEC 14882. See the FAQ at http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite
    > for more details.
    >
    > ISO/IEC 14882 does not discuss "protecting" code. How to do that is
    > specific to your target platform. Please ask in a newsgroup dedicated
    > to your platform.
    >
    > And your next comment to Victor was totally uncalled for.

    But just consider, it took him a half-hour to think of that comment.....

    Dennis
    Dennis \(Icarus\), Mar 16, 2007
  10. D

    Lionel B Guest

    On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:30:26 -0700, D wrote:

    > On 15 Mar, 09:10, "Gavin Deane" <> wrote:

    >> > He is provocative and insulting, what do you expect ?

    >> Well everyone knows what to expect of you now don't they.
    >>
    >> < snip - equally unwarranted retort >

    > My conclusion is that the C++ conmunity is not friendly

    Yeah, we're baaaaad.

    > and C++ is not a friendly language.

    LOL. You've been insulted by the C++ language???

    My conclusion is that it is always preferable to read the FAQ before
    posting to *any* newsgroup.

    --
    Lionel B
    Lionel B, Mar 16, 2007
  11. D

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "D" <> wrote in message
    >> What C++ _language_ question do you have? Consider that your posting
    >> is similar to
    >>
    >> "I drove my Toyota to the market to buy some fruit. Which should
    >> I get, pears, apples, or cucumbers? How much do they go for?"
    >>
    >> in the alt.autos.toyota newsgroup.
    >>
    >> Here is some advice (you decide whether it's good or not): find
    >> a better place to ask your marketing/legal question.

    > **** off Victor! And do your mud slinging elsewhere! Oh and don't
    > forget to hold onto your relic and whisper to your imaginary friend ;)

    Gee, when the times comes that you really do need help with a
    C++ language issue, I wonder whether Victor (who is highly qualified to
    provide such help) would be inclined to help at all after your
    completely groundless abuse. Perhaps if you were to apologize...

    Just some food for thought.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Mar 16, 2007