IWA and Anonymous Access

VT

Hello ,
I am trying to solve pretty straight forward and typical task and yet have
difficulties. Can someone help ? I cannot believe this has not been solved
by someone already.

I have simple ASP.NET intranet app which is supposed to record user's
windows username into the SQL database.

Database administrators granted permissions to single dedicated windows
account to read/write the db and enforced the rule that only windows
authentication to SQL db is allowed.

Now comes the problem:

If I enable anonymous access in IIS and put that dedicated account on, I can
read/write SQL db, but userid detected by my ASP code is always blank.

If I disable anonymous access, then userid is not blank, but I cannot
read/write SQL db because only dedicated account has permissions, not users
themselves.

What I really need is both: ability to programmatically detect username and
ability to use windows authentication with SQL db.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
VT