IWAM_machinename account registry hive remains loaded evan after IISReset

\Rob\

On a Win2000 domain controller, the ASPNET (v1.1) worker process
(aspnet_wp.exe) runs under the IWAM_machinename (IIS 5) account NOT the
ASPNET account.

(I know domain controllers shouldn't run in this config - it is only a test
machine)

Why does the IWAM_machinename registry hive remain loaded evan after
IISReset (which kills aspnet_wp.exe)?

I have to manually unload it with regedt32.exe.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks

P.S. IWAM_machinename has the following ASPNET required rights:
a.. Access this computer from the network.
a.. Logon as a batch job.
a.. Logon as a service.
a.. Deny logon locally.
a.. Impersonate a client after authentication