'IWebPartField.GetFieldValue' in explicit interface declaration is not a member of interface

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rote, Oct 30, 2008.

  1. rote

    rote Guest

    I can get my webpart working :) When i uncomment the below but it doesn't
    pass parameter values btw webparts :(

    But still got some question though below:

    I get error :'IWebPartField.GetFieldValue' in explicit interface
    declaration is not a member of interface

    object IWebPartField.GetFieldValue --on this line
    {
    get
    {

    return _view.SelectedValue;

    So i tried : - I know something has to be dome using FieldbackCallback but
    how

    public void GetFieldValue(FieldCallback callback)
    {
    callback.Invoke(_view.SelectedValue);

    }

    But when i try and retrieve my value on Prerender to my second Gridview like
    so

    if (_authorField != null)
    {
    if (_ds.SelectParameters.Count == 0)
    {
    _ds.SelectCommand = selectStatement + " INNER JOIN
    titleauthor ON titleauthor.title_id = titles.title_id WHERE
    (titleauthor.au_id = @au_id)";
    //_ds.SelectParameters.Add(new Parameter("au_id",
    TypeCode.String, _authorField.GetFieldValue)); -- problem is here
    }
    else
    {
    //_ds.SelectParameters["au_id"].DefaultValue =
    (string)_authorField.GetFieldValue; -- problem is here

    I get error : cannot convert from 'method group' to 'string
    and

    Cannot convert method group 'GetFieldValue' to non-delegate type 'string'.
    Did you intend to invoke the method?

    Thanks in advance
    rote, Oct 30, 2008