IXmlSerializable -- Implementing GetSchema()

valentin tihomirov

I wanted to transfer some binary data to my Web Service. There is an
example: Yasser Shohoud -- "Web services and large content in .NET 2.0" @
http://blogs.msdn.com/yassers/archive/2004/11/10/255212.aspx

It seems that the demo code is a part of some Web Service, since I see the
DownloadSong() method has the [WebMethod] attribute. The problem is to
obtain the SongStream schema, which is required to generate the proxy.
Normally, the Web Service schema is generated automatically when I access
the .asmx file. But the example fails because the "SongStream .xsd" file
cannot be found.

I beleive it is because the Web Service description generator requires the
serializable object description, which is missing. How can I get it? Why it
cannot be generated automatically? Notably, an expert in a topic
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharpmicrosoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp."Example
for IXmlSerializable" (on 5 March 2002) states: "The IXmlSerializable type
supports the .NET Framework infrastructure and is not intended to be used
directly from your code."

Thanks