    Are there any replacement .NET objects, or failing that, good examples of
    InterOp use?

    R.
    Richard K Bethell, Nov 21, 2003

  2. You may have seen this, but just in case...

    HOW TO: Use an ASP.NET Application to Query an Indexing Service Catalog by
    Using Visual Basic .NET

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820105

    "Richard K Bethell" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there any examples of IXXSO use through .NET? We've tried taking our

    old
    > .asp pages forward by doing a minimal migration (removing 'set' and

    leaving
    > the late bound objects as are) and are finding that this just isn't

    working
    > very well - and using the indexing OleDb provider hasn't really worked

    out

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Nov 22, 2003

  3. "Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > You may have seen this, but just in case...
    >
    > HOW TO: Use an ASP.NET Application to Query an Indexing Service Catalog by
    > Using Visual Basic .NET
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820105

    Thanks - we needed to get the content abstract though, and using the data
    provider doesn't seem to do that. We went back to the interop. Part of the
    problem I think was the fact that asp allowed us to compare the IXXSO.Query
    title object to empty strings when empty, whereas in VB.Net it is really
    necessary to test for a null value instead.

    R.
    Richard K Bethell, Nov 24, 2003