[J2EE Entity EJBs] Many-Many Self-Referential Relationships

John

Hi,

As per subject, I am trying to get this working, but it is causing me
difficulties. I can use self-referential one-many relationships OK, but
as soon as I try this I get the usual nonsensical JDO error messages
(... JDO76214: Failed to set field. NestedException:
java.lang.ClassCastException). I think there may be some problem with
defining a join table that joins the same table!

If anyone has got this working using Sun Application Server 8, then
could you please tell me how you managed it? I am using MySQL MaxDB, but
I don't think that this is a database-side problem.

I am going to have a look at the descriptors etc to try and diagnose
this, so will post back if I have any joy.

John