J2EE installation problem on WindowsXP

eddiekwang

Hi, I have a strange problem here:

I installed J2EE on windowsXP. after the installation, my Eudora
stopped working, my Tomcat wouldn't start any more, the FTP function
inside my DreamWeaver stopped working. Addtionally, I couldn't get
"ping" or "ipconfig" to run at the Dos prompt.

So I uninstalled J2EE. after that, the FTP function inside Dreamweaver
started working. that was the only difference.

It seemed the envrionment variable "path" was overwritten by the J2EE
program. after i set it back to C:\WINDOWS\system32, "ping" started
working again.

Sorry about the lengthy description. I still can't get my eudora to
work. and tomcat won't start.

Please help!
TIA

Eddy

Roedy Green

It seemed the envrionment variable "path" was overwritten by the J2EE
program. after i set it back to C:\WINDOWS\system32, "ping" started
working again.

You want stuff like this on your standard path:

Path=c:\WINNT;c:\WINNT\SYSTEM32;c:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\WBEM;e:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\