J2EE Interview questions and answers

Discussion in 'Java' started by softwareengineer2006@gmail.com, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Mar 24, 2006

  2. Alex Hunsley Guest

    wrote:
    > J2EE Interview questions and answers
    > I have listed over 340 J2EE interview questions and answers
    > in my website
    > http://www.geocities.com/forsoftwareprofessionals/
    > So please have a look and make use of it.

    Yeah, there's only about a trillion adverts on each page.
    And the Questions and Answers are pretty poor too:

    "332. What is Xalan

    An interpreting version of XSLT."

    I would advise anyone to spend their time at a less ad-infested and
    better written source of information.
    Alex Hunsley, Mar 25, 2006

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:21:04 GMT, Alex Hunsley
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >I would advise anyone to spend their time at a less ad-infested and
    >better written source of information.

    There are ads on my site. They barely pay the ISP bills. They don't
    cover my own Internet access. They don't cover any of my time. I find
    it odd than nominally capitalist people are so insistent that
    everything be given them free and ad-free. It is not enough that
    people donate their time, you want them to donate the out of pocket
    expenses as well.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Mar 25, 2006
  4. Alex Hunsley Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:21:04 GMT, Alex Hunsley
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >

    >>I would advise anyone to spend their time at a less ad-infested and
    >>better written source of information.

    > There are ads on my site. They barely pay the ISP bills. They don't
    > cover my own Internet access. They don't cover any of my time. I find
    > it odd than nominally capitalist people are so insistent that
    > everything be given them free and ad-free. It is not enough that
    > people donate their time, you want them to donate the out of pocket
    > expenses as well.

    I hardly call copying entries from
    http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/doc/Glossary.html verbatim
    and adding a billion adverts a laudable case of "donating their time"!
    They're perfectly free to do so (copyright laws notwithstanding), but
    it's just a lower quality source of the same info.

    I'm not against people using ads. But the site in question seems amock
    with them, and given the information is just copied verbatim from Sun
    FAQs and god knows where else, the site gives the impression of being
    created quickly with the prime intention of making money. Making money
    is not bad. But I reserve the right to point out the site is just a rip
    of other sources of info and there are better source of info out there.
    Your site, on the other hand, is very well written, extensive, and has
    lots of original information/content, and is well worth visiting, ads or
    no ads. I am not complaining against ads in general.
    Alex Hunsley, Mar 25, 2006
  5. Alex Hunsley Guest

    wrote:
    > J2EE Interview questions and answers
    > I have listed over 340 J2EE interview questions and answers
    > in my website
    > http://www.geocities.com/forsoftwareprofessionals/
    > So please have a look and make use of it.

    Have you got permission from Sun to reproduce parts of their glossary
    verbatim (and without attribution)?
    Alex Hunsley, Mar 25, 2006
  6. Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:21:04 GMT, Alex Hunsley
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >
    >> I would advise anyone to spend their time at a less ad-infested and
    >> better written source of information.

    > There are ads on my site. They barely pay the ISP bills. They don't
    > cover my own Internet access. They don't cover any of my time. I find
    > it odd than nominally capitalist people are so insistent that
    > everything be given them free and ad-free.

    That's one of the points of capitalism and also a part of human nature,
    you want to buy things as cheap as possible but when you sell things you
    want the highest price possible:) So there is no wonder people complain
    about ads and prices of this and that.

    /tom
    tom fredriksen, Mar 25, 2006
  7. Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:29:46 GMT, Alex Hunsley
    someone who said :

    >I am not complaining against ads in general.

    I just want to point out the reality is income has to come from
    somewhere to pay the ISP bills etc. Ads are the least painful way to
    raise it, especially with Google ads which are usually interesting and
    relevant to the page.

    I often browse the ads in my own site to discover new products
    relevant to the entries in the glossary.

    I would like a scheme of micropayments where you pay say $10 a month
    for Internet content. That $10 is given proportionately to those who
    provided you with the content. Then perhaps sites could exist without
    ads, or with fewer ads.

    You want a scheme so the content originator gets some money, as well
    as those who cached it.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Mar 25, 2006
  8. Alex Hunsley Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:29:46 GMT, Alex Hunsley
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >
    >> I am not complaining against ads in general.

    > I just want to point out the reality is income has to come from
    > somewhere to pay the ISP bills etc. Ads are the least painful way to
    > raise it, especially with Google ads which are usually interesting and
    > relevant to the page.
    >
    > I often browse the ads in my own site to discover new products
    > relevant to the entries in the glossary.

    I know what you mean. I've never run a site that generated any
    significant hosting bills, but if I did, I'd be looking at targeted ads
    as a means of supporting it.

    > I would like a scheme of micropayments where you pay say $10 a month
    > for Internet content. That $10 is given proportionately to those who
    > provided you with the content. Then perhaps sites could exist without
    > ads, or with fewer ads.
    >
    > You want a scheme so the content originator gets some money, as well
    > as those who cached it.

    Interesting idea, and not one that I've come across before.
    Alex Hunsley, Mar 26, 2006