[J2EE] Is it really possible to implement an asynchronous web service?

Discussion in 'Java' started by oliv@linuxmail.org, Nov 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have been looking over the internet and I haven't find the right way
    of doing that within a J2EE web server.

    The JAX-WS stacks propose solutions based on
    javax.xml.ws.AsyncHandler, but that is about asynchronous client
    invocation (the server is synchronous), its an emulation of
    asynchronism, isn't it ? I am talking about an server side ws
    asynchronism .
    We can code on server side that by launching a new thread and calling
    back the client at the end but :
    - is is allowed to launch new thread not registered by the server
    application's pool ? (should we use JMS here and heavy stuff ??)
    - what JAX-WS api tells about that ? what the standard J2EE way of
    doing that ?

    It seems to me that all that is possible with .NET framework but not
    with java yet. Is that correct ?

    thanks for info

    , Nov 20, 2007