    Using a JMS provider and an MDB, is the only standard way ? if yes, isn't
    that heavy for a basic issue like this one ?

    thanks
    zebulon, Jan 23, 2006

  2. zebulon wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am looking for the standard way of calling a method of a class (POJO or
    > not) asynchronously within a J2EE developpement (for exemple within a
    > servlet) ?
    > I believe launching a new thread is forbidden (at least not advised) in a
    > J2EE environnement. Do you confirm that ?

    New threads are forbidden in the EJB container. The web container
    allows new threads.

    > Using a JMS provider and an MDB, is the only standard way ? if yes, isn't
    > that heavy for a basic issue like this one ?

    Doesn't seem too heavy for me. Messaging is the standard answer to
    asynchronous requests regardless of language. An MDB is not complicated
    (not like entity or even session beans).

    HTH,
    Ray

    --
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    Raymond DeCampo, Jan 24, 2006